At&t 3G iPhone Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brn2ski00, Aug 18, 2008.

1. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Does At&t brand Case-Mate iPhone Cases? When I was in the At&t store to buy my iPhone on 7/11, I noticed that they had a bunch of different cases that looked identical to that of Case-Mate brand cases.

Take a look here:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...ies.jsp?q_filter=false&q_categoryid=cat980639

The link above is to At&t's website for iPhone Accessories and they are strikingly similar to that of Case-Mate's. In the actual store, the cases are not in Case-Mate boxes, but rather in At&t generic boxes.

However, I bought a Case-Mate signature series Leather case for my 1st generation iPhone at the At&t store and it was in the Case-Mate brand packaging. Just curious because the At&t branded cases are cheaper than Case-Mate.

Signature Series Leather:
    At&t : http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/iphonesignaturecases_2
    Case-Mate : http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...639&q_sku=sku2650233&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

See what I mean?

2. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

3. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

4. jblock macrumors regular

Yes, I have noticed this. ATT is definitely using it's own boxes for 3G cases, but the cases themselves are the original manufacturers. I saw some Griffin and Case-Mate ones; the logos were plainly visible on the cases themselves so ATT is merely putting them into their own branded boxes (or the manufacturers are).

5. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Right, so do you think that this is why the cases are cheaper at the At&t Store than through the supplier (i.e. Case Mate, etc..) ???? :confused:

6. jblock macrumors regular

Probably, although the Griffin cases don't seem any cheaper at ATT despite the ATT box.

7. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Cool, thanks for the response! I really just wanted to make sure that I wasn't seeing things :eek:

8. Case-Mate macrumors newbie

Yep yep, those are our cases there. AT&T likes to keep a consistent store front so they omit a lot of names from the site, and depending on how they're purchased you'll either receive them with our packaging or AT&T's.

9. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Nice! But I see that the prices are cheaper through At&t... is that really the case (no pun intended)?

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Probably because they buy them wholesale, and without Case-Mate's packaging. :)

11. Case-Mate macrumors newbie

Yes indeed, we provide an MSRP, but they're not contractually obligated to put their prices at any specific place.