AT&T 3G Outage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coleman2010, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Is anyone else having AT&T 3G issues in White Plains/Purchase area of New York? I have full bars and can't load a single page. I've rebooted my iPhone 4 several times and it is not resolving the issue.

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Have you called AT&T customer service. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Yup, no data for me. :confused:
    I'm in the same area as you (Westchester airport).

4. dt-eng macrumors newbie

I don't live in that area (I'm in northern Orange County, CA), but my neighbor and I have been having the same problem since last Saturday (Feb. 5) in the area around where we live (we both have iPhone 4's, and they still work fine in other areas). Note that we have full bars, and the "3G" symbol on the display, but get no data over 3G; disabling 3G allows access using EDGE (slowly), and phone/texting works fine (it's just the 3G data in our neighborhood that's broken). Since we both have WiFi in our homes, we didn't initially identify the 3G problem; what we both noticed was a sudden increase in iPhone power consumption (beginning last Saturday) when we are in our neighborhood (even when the phones are idle); I used to go 3-4 days on a charge, but now the battery drops at a rate of about 10%/hr. when I'm around the house. Interestingly, my neighbor also has an iPad, and it doesn't exhibit the problem. Both phones and the iPad are running iOS V4.2.1. We've tried all the normal things (rebooting, clearing network settings, etc.), and nothing works. I spent some time on the phone last night with AT&T, and they are going to send someone out the check connectivity.

5. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Happened to me about an hour ago. I'm in DC but it's fine now.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It was bad pretty much all day here in northwest DC.

3 or 4 bars, but nothing would load. I could see voicemails but couldn't play them.

Seems to be better now.

7. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

8. jasondono macrumors member

It's like that every other time you try to access data in NYC. Always has been. Not being facetious.

9. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

Did anyone actually call customer service and get the details?

I do believe the average person on this forum is more technologically savvy than the average consumer, but not sure how we really leap from several people having a data connection problem to a 3G outage?

I haven't had issues this week, so do I conclude that I have the only working 3G tower in the country?

Sorry for being a pain, but reminds me of every time my dad calls complaining about Verizon's FIOS TV service having outages. I drive over there and find out something in his house is unplugged.

10. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

I'm in White Plains and have had no issue. If you are closer to Purchase you could certainly be on a different tower with an issue. VZ iPhone coming tomorrow so no more AT&T nonsense... just VZ nonsense.

11. eagles2214 macrumors member

No data for me in Philly either. Full 5 bars but nothing...

12. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Hey! I actually have 3G data tonight > 1mb down. Thanks for the pipe transfer over to MI. :D

13. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I didn't call because it was earlier in the day and I was at work. But two other people at work, both on AT&T- an iPhone like mine and a blackberry both faced the same issue. 5 bars but no pages loading. Twitter wouldnt update etc.

Would have called when I got home but service was normal when I got home. Btw the issue was b/w 3pm -5pm and I was in NW DC. Not sure about everyone else but I had no data connection. Not even EDGE or GPRS.

14. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

It was out for about 2 hours for me. At least that's when I noticed it. I called AT&T and they said nothing was wrong. Then I told them the name of the company I work for and told them we have a huge corporate account and all of us could not access data. By the time we hung up, data was working again. Hmm... strange!!!