AT&T 3G to Verizon 4S and porting my #

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SteelWheel, Oct 16, 2011.

1. SteelWheel macrumors member

I just finished doing this and setting up my 4S. Things look more or less ok--but I was surprised to find that I now have two cell phones with the same phone number?!? I can make outgoing calls with either, outgoing texts with either, both show up as the same caller ID--but incoming calls are still going to my old AT&T 3G.

When I ported my number to AT&T from Verizon way back when, the number ported within minutes, and my previous Verizon Windows Mobile phone was just dead. I assumed that porting the same number back to Verizon would go more or less the same way, and that my AT&T 3G iPhone would be dead. This hasn't happened yet. Do I need to do anything to make this happen, or should I expect the porting to be completed automagically at some point in the next day or so?

2. Sc24evr macrumors member

I did exactly what you did yesterday. I took about 2-3 hour to fully port over and then the old phone is gone. If you go to www.verisonwireless.com/port it will show you the status.