Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I was last in the US about 1 month ago. Where I live (Pittsburgh, PA), I thought the 3G was atrociously slow. When I was in Boston (Harvard), it was even slower. When I went to NYC, the 3G was like 1G. What gives? What happened to the miraculously fast speeds promised by 3G? It took 15 minutes to load a Wikipedia Mobile page in Pittsburgh. Has the 3G gotten any better?

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
I was last in the US about 1 month ago. Where I live (Pittsburgh, PA), I thought the 3G was atrociously slow. When I was in Boston (Harvard), it was even slower. When I went to NYC, the 3G was like 1G. What gives? What happened to the miraculously fast speeds promised by 3G? It took 15 minutes to load a Wikipedia Mobile page in Pittsburgh. Has the 3G gotten any better?
The problem seems to be worse in the city. I often have more bars in the city, but the speed is significantly diminished compared to in the suburbs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.