Carrier AT&T $5 Per Day 250MB iPad Data Passes, $25 3-Month 1GB Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AnglerDan, Nov 8, 2013.

1. AnglerDan macrumors newbie

Are the rumored AT&T $5 Per Day 250MB iPad Data Passes and $25 3-Month 1GB Data Plan now available? (I currently have a Verizon SIM for my iPad Air, but this might be an alternative worth considering).

2. jraske macrumors newbie

Yes. Just purchased the $25 3 month plan for a trip to NYC.

Burned through the 1 GB though because the hotel WiFi was awful.:confused:

3. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

Is there a web address with AT&T to see them, or does it happen only directly on the iPad?

4. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I just activated my ipad on AT&T tonight. All the options showed up directly on my iPad when I created my account. You can easily see which ones are reoccurring payments and which ones are not. I selected the 250mb 24 hour (non reoccurring) pass to get my account going. I will just add minutes as needed.

5. macanut macrumors newbie

Did you need to purchase a special sim card to get these data plan options and was there an activation fee when you purchased data? I have a Verizon iPad3 and am interested in these data options.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If your ipad has an AT&T sim card, it will take you direct to the ATT data plans mentioned.

7. AndyFL macrumors regular

As others have said, yes these are active. The first AT&T store I went to had difficulty locating the plan so I left emptyhanded. I chatted with a rep online and she gave me a keyword to use the next time - "session based plan."

So when I went to another store later, they were able to figure out what I was talking about. Essentially all you need is the AT&T SIM (free). Pop it in and then choose your desired plan and set it up all on the iPad. Important to note this setup is done all on the iPad - not online via the ATT site. There is no activation fee or charge for the SIM.