AT&T 6 not shipping for 7-10 business days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagdagdag234, Oct 10, 2014.

1. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2011
    I was surprised. Just ordered, as suggested by guy at Apple Store who said shipping was 5 business days.

And on top of the 7-10 days it says it will take another week after that to arrive by mail (Oct 29-Nov 3)

Are they just giving a conservative estimate or does it really take that long??

Why is the mailing part so slow?
  2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2011
    Houston, TeXas
    You should check the shipping time for the 6 plus. By the time you get the plus, the 6s will be out. Apple has more stock than AT&T. That's why.
  3. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Oct 25, 2013
    They're saying ships in 7-10 business days so that's when they estimate they'll ship out the order. Add another week or so for UPS/FedEx shipping time and you're at 3 weeks or so from the time you place your order.

However, Apple overestimates delivery times. I ordered a T-Mobile 6 on 10/4. Quoted delivery time is 10/23-10/28. Got my shipment notification 10/6 and it's scheduled for early delivery on 10/13. They used cheaper shipping this time. My ATT 6 Plus, they used UPS Worldwide Express Saver which was just 1-2 days. This time, they used Worldwide Expedited which is 4-5 days. Still ahead of schedule, though. :)