AT&T 6 not shipping for 7-10 business days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagdagdag234, Oct 10, 2014.

1. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

I was surprised. Just ordered, as suggested by guy at Apple Store who said shipping was 5 business days.

And on top of the 7-10 days it says it will take another week after that to arrive by mail (Oct 29-Nov 3)

Are they just giving a conservative estimate or does it really take that long??

Why is the mailing part so slow?

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

You should check the shipping time for the 6 plus. By the time you get the plus, the 6s will be out. Apple has more stock than AT&T. That's why.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

They're saying ships in 7-10 business days so that's when they estimate they'll ship out the order. Add another week or so for UPS/FedEx shipping time and you're at 3 weeks or so from the time you place your order.

However, Apple overestimates delivery times. I ordered a T-Mobile 6 on 10/4. Quoted delivery time is 10/23-10/28. Got my shipment notification 10/6 and it's scheduled for early delivery on 10/13. They used cheaper shipping this time. My ATT 6 Plus, they used UPS Worldwide Express Saver which was just 1-2 days. This time, they used Worldwide Expedited which is 4-5 days. Still ahead of schedule, though. :)