AT$T 611 QuickButton Gone in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TuckBodi, Jun 27, 2009.

1. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

I was getting ready to do my bi-weekly call-in to complain about my continuing worsening of poor coverage and dropped calls and the easy way for me to to this was the 611 quickbutton, which is no longer on my phone. Am I looking in the wrong place? I coulda swore in the 2x software it was in Settings/Phone/AT$T Services and there was a quickbutton for dialing 611, and I no longer see it in 3.0 (and before you pile on why don't you just dial 611 I can't keep straight half the time if it's 411, or 511 or 611).

Did they move it? Or maybe they just removed it to make it harder for people to call in to complain about their terrible coverage? It's funny, when they first rolled out their 3G network, and I lost a bar of coverage, they denied anything going on. Then a month later one of their VP's admitted their network was overwhelmed. Now in the last month I've seen another bar disappear and constant dropped calls. Now they blame it anywhere from the trees, to Apple, to my phone hardware, to my imagination. Although one time I did finally get a gal to admit they are having some "small" issues with phones on the 2G network but were working hard to fix things (yeah, right).

And now my latest issue is I'm seeing VoiceMails coming in sometimes 2 hours later, causing me to miss important appointments. They also deny anything wrong with their VoiceMail but I gotta believe it too is overwhelmed. Oh yeah, and I did have one 3rd tier tech tell me I was the only one complaining as others were not complaining about their network. Ballsy.

So did they remove the 611 button or just move it?

2. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Just dail 611! Why do it through the phone settings??????

3. cmaier macrumors G3

Hilarious. "Quickbutton."

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Calm down and dry your tears, princess.

First, the "AT$T" thing doesn't make sense. There are plenty of inexpensive options out there if you decided you aren't happy with the contract you signed.

With the tone of your post I assume AT&T is telling you whatever it takes to get you off the phone. I applaude their decison.

If you think there is a problem with the service at your location, get another phone to repeat the symptoms and AT&T will be more interested. One phone does not grab their attention. Also, try your phone in a location with known good service also with another phone. That will let you know if it is your hardware.

So instead of Settings -> scroll -> Phone -> scroll -> AT&T services -> 611 (as a "quick button"), why not just add 611 as a contact and put it on your favorites?

I'm not aware of an SLA for voicemails but I haven't looked. If your appointments are that important then answer your phone. Oh, I forgot you can't answer your phone because <insert reason I'm a victim here>.

You should really spend more time thinking than complaining. Sheesh.

5. TuckBodi thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just a little frustrated last night as the voicemail thing was the second time it happened, and I had a couple of dropped calls. I am gonna be call cust service and see when my contract is up and unlock it and go back to T-Mobile, who I got 5 bars with and their cust service was great.

I'm also still frustrated with the last AT$T tech who told me I had to go to a landline in order for them to diagnose my phone. I then drove to my sisters to wait for the call at the appointed time, and had to call them an hour later because I had to get back to work. And then the new guy tells me I didn't need to drive to my sisters because they could do everything via the cell itself and I wasted half a day. Oh yeah, the original tech did finally call, 10 hours later, and was a little peeved when I politely told him I spoke with somebody else.

As far as trying another phone, none of my old phones work with the new sim so I'm trying to track down an old AT$T phone or iPhone to test. I do get strong coverage in other areas like downtown Denver.

Why am I really pissed at AT$T? Because they've lied to me twice about my coverage, once with the rollout with 3G and now when the CSR let it slip "they're having problems with their 2G network in certain areas," after so many others denied any issues with their network.

And I guess when you go from T-Mobile with 5 bars and great customer service, I should expect no less from someone who likes to advertise "More Bars in More Places." I just wish Apple woulda gone with some other carrier. I've now been burned twice by AT$T, once before with AT$T Wireless and now these guys.

6. keenan wolf macrumors 6502

keenan wolf

whats AT$T?:p

7. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Where in CO are you making/receiving your calls? I live in the Highlands Ranch/Littleton/Centennial area and I never have problems with 3G. I have noticed 2G dropping in reception but i still get good 2G coverage too! The only time I have lost service is deep in the mountains outside of Breckenridge when I don't have line-of-sight with a tower.

8. TuckBodi thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm in Centennial a few miles straight west of the Tech Center. I have gotten good reception up in Boulder and at my bank in Highlands Ranch. Weird. I have an appointment with the Genius Bar tomorrow to hopefully rule out my iPhone and will be testing out some other phones with my sim soon.

9. TuckBodi thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, even though AT$T said I was the only one complaining about VoiceMail it turns out others are having issues too. Guess I should be happy it's only a 2 hour delay sometimes and not several days like the others.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/20090702/tc_pcworld/attiphonecustomersangryovervoicemaildelays

10. TomatoTomago macrumors newbie

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Just checked and mine doesn't have 611 ... Do I care? Nope.