at&t activation fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellish, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mellish macrumors newbie

anybody know what the activation fee is, if there is one?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can remember back in the day when it was free, then $12, then $18 and currently $36^^^that's quite a jump in (14+) years. :eek:

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I know, what is with that price. I stopped at Verizon to see their deals. $35 for the first phone, $25 for 2nd. I guess they don't want new customers. Not much of a any deals with the phones either. I thought of switching because AT&T i have trouble. Mainly in my apartment. Don't want to give up AT&T now JUST in case i get the iPhone. I like the rollover minutes. My girlfriend has Verizon and honestly i don't understand why everyone thinks they are the best. Her calls to me sometimes sound choppy. Just like my service in certain spots.

4. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

The thing is, ALL the carriers suck. Not sure why people like to choose which carrier they hate at the particular time but I guess everyone has their reasons...

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^True, I hate Sprint for more reasons than I hate VZ, but some of those same reasons are applicable to AT&T, but it's not really anyone's fault for me living in a dip/valley causing me to have marginal phone coverage at times at my house. Gawd, I'm going to sell my house by the water, and buy my next house on the basis that I have "full bars & 3G coverage?" LOL :eek: