At&t activation servers down on Fri 9/19?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cobra2001, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cobra2001 macrumors regular

I went to pick up my pre ordered iPhone at the Apple store in South Cost Plaza mall Friday night. After waiting in the pre order line for an hour, I was told that at&t was having activation server problems and I would need to come back in a little while. So an hour later, I went back and the store manager said they were still experiencing problems and I would need to come back another day.

In searching the forums, I haven't really seen anyone else mention this problem and that strikes me as strange if all of at&t's servers were down as the Apple store manager told me. Anyone else experience anything similar Friday night?

2. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

What is your error when trying to activate?

3. Cobra2001 thread starter macrumors regular

The Apple store wouldn't say. They just said at&t's servers were down and I would need to come back the next day. I was away all weekend so I didn't make it there Sat or Sun so I'm going to have to go today after work. I would assume the problem has been fixed but I'm just curious if anyone had a similar experience or if it was just my local Apple store blowing smoke...

Thanks!

4. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

In my case, the cellular activation server is STILL down. Has been since Friday evening (about 8pm central time). The wifi/itunes server is still up and running though. However, I am experiencing an error that AT&T can't verify my information, even though my zip code and ssn are correct.

5. Cobra2001 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm that sounds like something different. I don't have a specific problem with my activation because they didn't even try. They just said they were having problems across the board with all at&t activations and that they were telling all at&t pre orders to come back the next day.