AT&T Activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Orioles Magic, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Orioles Magic macrumors newbie

So heres the story...couldn't get online on preorder day, so I went to the AT&T store over lunch and had them do it. Everything went fine. Then my brother tells me over dinner that he didn't get a chance to go out, and asked if I could do it for him since he had a baseball game. Go back out around 630, and everything is fine except for the fact that his phone will probably be backordered.

Flash forward 2 weeks, and I realize that AT&T made a mistake by having my phone shipped to the store. Wouldnt be a big deal, but my brother's phone is shipping to our house, and is coming TODAY! Since I placed my preorder first, and placed his for him, my brother is letting use todays phone, and he'll wait for tomorrow.

So, can I use today's phone and activate it with my number no problem? The phones are attached to any account yet, right?

2. Orioles Magic thread starter macrumors newbie

3. phr34k macrumors member

The IMEI of the first handset MAY be attached to his account...but it doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things I dont believe. Try activating it with your sim, and then just call at&t and have it changed in their system.

4. Orioles Magic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...thats what I was thinking too.

Anybody know for sure?

5. monaarts macrumors 65816

nooo... if you want it set for his you have to call AT&T BEFORE you activate it. They can switch IMEI numbers at first but once you activate it all you can do is switch IMEI numbers.

So just give em a call before you activate it.