AT&T and AT&T Wifi Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TXCraig, Mar 16, 2008.

1. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I was in the Washington Dulles airport today. My iphone hopped on AT&T WiFi there without asking (even thought I have it set to ask first) but the AT&T WiFi network wanted a user id and password before it would let me on. I tried the account credentials I use to get to my wireless account- no dice...

I guess the question is- As AT&T wireless customers, do we get access to AT&T WiFi? I was thinking we did! I don't have any other accounts with AT&T, but I think the 150.00 per month I pay in service for my iPhone every month, they should!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AT&T Hotspots are for customers...

that have AT&T DSL in their homes. I believe you have to be a customer with DSL 1.5 or higher. I use mine all the time; I enter my email account address: XXXXXXX@sbcglobal.net and enter my email password and I'm good to go. :cool:

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Rumors that wireless customers would get free wi-fi started up again when Starbucks announced it was switching to AT&T for its hotspots. As of yet, it has not been confirmed.

I'm a DSL subscriber, so I'm covered either way. ;)

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

But if they offer this to iPhone users they must do same for BlackBerries with WiFi and any other handset which they provide which has WiFi capabilities to keep it fair..

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

All of you Blackberry folks...

are invited as well. LOL :p:cool: