Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I was in the Washington Dulles airport today. My iphone hopped on AT&T WiFi there without asking (even thought I have it set to ask first) but the AT&T WiFi network wanted a user id and password before it would let me on. I tried the account credentials I use to get to my wireless account- no dice...

I guess the question is- As AT&T wireless customers, do we get access to AT&T WiFi? I was thinking we did! I don't have any other accounts with AT&T, but I think the 150.00 per month I pay in service for my iPhone every month, they should!

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
AT&T Hotspots are for customers...

I guess the question is- As AT&T wireless customers, do we get access to AT&T WiFi? I was thinking we did! I don't have any other accounts with AT&T, but I think the 150.00 per month I pay in service for my iPhone every month, they should!

that have AT&T DSL in their homes. I believe you have to be a customer with DSL 1.5 or higher. I use mine all the time; I enter my email account address: XXXXXXX@sbcglobal.net and enter my email password and I'm good to go. :cool:

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Rumors that wireless customers would get free wi-fi started up again when Starbucks announced it was switching to AT&T for its hotspots. As of yet, it has not been confirmed.

I'm a DSL subscriber, so I'm covered either way. ;)

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
But if they offer this to iPhone users they must do same for BlackBerries with WiFi and any other handset which they provide which has WiFi capabilities to keep it fair..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.