AT&T and MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deimos256, Jun 10, 2009.

1. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

So I have 3.0 GM installed and working but of course MMS doesnt work with AT&T, theres not even any mention of it in any of the settings or menus that i can find. I realize AT&T supposedly has to remove some option or setting from my account to enable MMS to work, my question is, can I just call AT&T and do this over the phone (too early to call here right now) or or this something they have to complete as a whole and release a carrier update? Does anyone have any idea, any AT&T employees here? Thanks for your time.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

From what I know there's no chance AT&T is going to remove the "MMS Opt Out" code before the 17th. I believe that if you call on or after the 17th you will have a decent chance of getting them to change that for you.

3. Axl Rose macrumors regular

im hoping i can call them too..to have them do it over the phone.I dont want to wait for att to get there **** together.:mad:

4. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm going to test my luck later today and we will see how far I can get. I would imagine it sadly depends on who answers my call.

5. SimpsonsFan007 macrumors member

I didn't want to create a whole separate post, since this thread seems to be a decent place to ask. I noticed in reading up on the UK carrier O2 that the MMS text messages count as four texts on their plans, which is stated as being the norm for O2, not just for the iPhone with O2... Is that typically the case for AT&T for their messaging plans as well? MMS counts as four texts on their plans?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Enjoy this quote from an at&t rep I just got.

I laughed my ass off.

7. tavoss macrumors member

When I called yesterday, they removed my opt-out, must have gotten it done right before they told the CSRs to stop doing it. Sadly though, I can find the option for sending an MMS earlier... I read somewhere about another IPSW you have to install or something, but that confused me :/

8. mocque macrumors member

Hello to everyone.

I have been VERY VERY frustraded since march because my wife's iphone was sending MMS since beta1 mine never did.

WELL Today! i got it to work......

here's what i did:

i have a unibody macbook so i have itunes beta 8.2 10 i went ahead and installed the IPCC file using itunes and shift update. when i did that i got my mms menu and tethering and the cellular network data menu.

still no mms. I decided to call this number 1-866-700-2105 which is at&t technical support. i told the lady that my wife's phone mms works and mine doesnt. she compared the lines and they were the same. she sent a test mms to her phone and it worked since hers was already working. she sent one to mine and did not go throgh.

i restarted my phone and my mms icon was gone. i went to data settings and entered the mms APN:

wap.cingular
    wap@cingulargprs.com
    CINGULAR1
    mmsc.cingular.com

restarted my iphone and as soon as the phone restarted the TEST MMS the rep had sent came through

NOW I HAVE MMS woking im soooooooooooo happy

have the AT&T rep send you a mms from their system and also use this values for the data settings

GOOD LUCK.......

9. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a funny feeling that we on AT&T won't get mms until they get off their fannies and edit all the accounts and then apple will release an update to uncripple mms.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Are you just running around from thread to thread about MMS and posting this?

And there is no reason for at&t to stop doing this for us. We're doing them a favor by requesting it and having it done now. And it is our account and we can have a block removed as desired.

11. mocque macrumors member

LOL im just showing people what i did that worked for me....:D

12. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where is data settings located? I scoured my phone and couldn't find it.