AT&T and MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redskinsf, Jun 17, 2009.

1. redskinsf macrumors member

Not sure how many people clearly look through their AT&T bills each month, but I noticed in the data section of my cellular bill that the 'MMS Opt Out' code theory about why MMS is not being included with the OS 3.0 launch today is true... I've pasted the data info from my most recent statement below and the Opt Out is listed... so obviously AT&T really does need to remove that from every iPhone customer.

DATA PLAN IPHONE 06/01-06/30 30.00 30.00
    IPHONE TXT MSG UNL 06/01-06/30 20.00 20.00
    Includes:
    MMS Opt Out
    Text Messaging
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET 06/01-06/30 0.00 0.00
    Includes:
    DATA ACCESS
    DATA ACCESS

2. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Well they better start working overtime because every day that passes they look more foolish

3. hellodon macrumors 6502

You would think that they would have been on top of this months ago...pretty disappointing. I'd really like to see that feature in action. I don't even see a way to do it at this point so there will most likely have to be a newer 3.X update to enable...yes?

4. redskinsf thread starter macrumors member

I've had my share of other carriers... US Cellular in Nor Cal and Wisconsin... Sprint in SF Bay Area... and have now been with AT&T since it was the actual AT&T (Before Cingular bought them) for 6 years here in SF Bay Area, and I really can't complain.. customer service has been great 95% of the times I've needed to call them and my data/cell service is great at home and at my office... I'm disappointed that MMS isn't ready yet, but what the heck, I've been without MMS since I switched from a pocket pc 2 years ago to the iPhone.. what's a couple more months to wait. :cool:

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

They just came out with a youtube video an hour ago addressing questions and concerns about the iPhone 3GS launch including the question of when MMS will be available and they confirmed it will launch late summer which means August in all likelihood.

6. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

GUYS!

1. MMS is not that cool!
    2. Who gives a ****? It'll come out when it comes out! Chill! Jesus Christ!

7. jping2007 macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with att and they said that they would sent a text message to everybody in late august telling us to connect to itunes and update our software.

hope it wont take that long.

8. Eallan macrumors 6502

Good contribution. Thanks for stopping by.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

What I love is complete 180 on the boards from when the iPhone was first launch.

the APPLE failed to include MMS on the iPhone. Everyone was stating out Email worked just fine and how it was so great. Defending apple tooth and nail.

Now that apple finally gave and is doing something different with MMS it is all of a sudden ATT fault it is not working. My understanding is ATT is having to some extra work on the back end on for the iPhones because the iPhone require a different they of MMS.

Also note apple could of easily keep ATT in the dark until pretty last min on it.

10. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Considering Apple announced it publicly in March...

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

That's why many have had and still do have MMS working on AT&T's network, right? Because it not possible to send one on the iphone on their network.:rolleyes:

12. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

kept them in the dark? The consumers knew about it back when 3.0 was unveiled, when was that march? Also its a letdown that every other provider that supports the iPhone managed to get their act together but almighty AT&T dropped the ball, and not like a week or few days delay but a few months. They should probably stop spending money and resources on their more bars in more places campaign and actually make it happen in real life. I'm wedged between 4 major cities in Florida and ill probably never see 3g in my town at this point.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

announced part of it in march but ATT could of easily been left in the dark on the extra stuff they would need to do until it was to late.

In the long run I blame apple for this problem. Apple should of had MMS day 1 for the iPhone but Steve Jobs was being Steve Jobs. Took him 2 years to admit that was was wrong.

14. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Yea thats what bugging me. I can get them working fine, thing is, it only works for one hour, until ATT turns it back off.

15. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Left in the dark? Then why is it that every other cell carrier around the world just enabled MMS on their customer's iPhones TODAY, yet AT&T could not? It's not Apple's fault that AT&T was not ready for features that were announced months ago.

16. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I do not do a lot of Picture taking and then sending with my phone most ppl have very small screens on their phones, but you can take a photo and email it to someone, then they can see the photo better on a laptop or Desktop.

Most of the phones these days have high MP camera's, but the screen on the phone is like 180X180 so why bother. My wife takes photo's with her Blackberry Curve and then emails them to herself, I personally hate looking at photos etc on the phones, until I got the iPhone, but still it is easier to email it to myself anyway.

As for Tethering I do not need to use it, and if someone tells me I need it for work, they need to pay my phone bill first which doesn't happen. To those who want it, someday your Prince will come and give it to you, but for now, everything is all in time.

Wicked1:D