AT&T and their horrible customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z28black98, Oct 7, 2011.

1. z28black98 macrumors regular

My wife hasnt bought a new phone since june of 2008. We have been customers since 2003. They are telling me her upg date is next Wed Oct 12th. I went into an ATT store on Tues and they told me to call cust service and they could override it. the dumb lady who was trying to to help me said she couldnt explain why she isnt elgible for an upgrade. She went to get a mgr and he wouldnt override it. I have now been on hold for 20 min waiting for a manger, and call length is now at 1hr and 12 minutes. UNREAL. This is why people hate ATT

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You hate them because they are holding your wife to the terms of her contract? Uh, ok. :rolleyes:

3. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I feel sorry for what's happening to you and your wife. On the other hand, my personal experience with AT&T has been pretty positive ever since I bought my first iPhone back in 2008. Guess I've been lucky. :)

4. monksealpup macrumors regular

That's totally outrageous! We should picket Wall Street because of it!

5. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

If she had a ... 3 year contract.. :confused:

Yeah, they're idiots. At least you can pick one up in store on launch day.

6. nosser macrumors regular

I do know that Att will push your upgrade date back a little bit if you have a certain amount of late payments. Normally they will override it if you're out of contract but I have been told they are not overriding upgrades for that one reason during this launch. If you changed account holders like it was in your name and then changed it to your wife name then they should override that.

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Why are you complaining about an AT&T-only issue on an iPhone forum? You should take your rhetoric to an AT&T forum somewhere...

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Sorry you're having issues but I have nothing but good things to say about At&t.
    Their service is top notch for me, for some reason I was eligible for the Mini Cell which they gave me (I don't use it but I have it just in case) and I have never really had an issue with their customer service. I was getting my brother his 4s as he is on the east coast and I work nights in the Mtn time zone...... I had a ton of trouble trying to get my 4s from apple, went in and picked his up on at&t's site with no issue at all. I know a lot of people poo poo at&t but for me they are the best choice. I guess that's the best part now, you can choose another carrier if you want.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but most of the problems with AT&T are due to customer error. Been with them forever and they have bent over backwards to make me happy.