AT&T and Verizon iPhone parts swappable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skysthelimit91, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Skysthelimit91 macrumors newbie

I own an AT&T iPhone 4s and the screen got shattered. I replaced it myself. Unfortunately, 4 or 5 attempts were necessary due to receiving duds. All that taking apart and putting back together the phone started to wear on it. And on the final and successful attempt, I broke the antenna receptor on the motherboard.

I've purchased a Verizon 4s from ebay for really cheap. Will I be able to take the motherboard from the Verizon phone and use it on my AT&T phone? Thanks in advance.

2. bwerner25 macrumors member

The Verizon logic board won't work with the AT&T network. All the other parts are interchangeable however.

3. Skysthelimit91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ughhh damn. Any suggestions on what I should do? https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/IGNYXioaR3G1EceD.huge

The area towards the bottom with the little yellow dot in the middle of the metal circle just completely came off. If I can't swap logic boards I'm screwed. Is there a particular reason why I can't? Does it have something to do with unlocking?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Verizon 4s is locked and can't be used on GSM networks in the US. So if you're not located in the US, it may work.

5. Skysthelimit91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible for me to unlock the verizon logic board?

6. bwerner25 macrumors member

This ^. You can't unlock the Verizon phone or logic board to work with AT&T. It'll work fine with Verizon.

Yeah I would pretty much consider that logic board scrap now that's it's without the antenna connection. Maybe there's a shop around you that would know how to reconnect that.

Other than that all I can recommend is that you sell that Verizon phone and try to get your hands on a AT&T model. If you have a screen and everything I would assume you could get a pretty banged up 4s with a good logic board for a decent price.

7. Skysthelimit91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair enough. It means more work and time for me but I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet. The phone arrives tomorrow. I'll list it on eBay and when it sells, I'll buy an AT&T one. Should have posted this thread before buying the verizon one lol. But hindsight is 20/20. Thanks for all the help bwerner25 and T5Brick. I appreciate it.