AT&T - Any recent activation success stories ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by udflyer, Sep 19, 2014.

1. udflyer macrumors 6502

Wont be home till 10pm EST tonite.

Safe to activate or should I wait till morning.

I see some are 6+ hours but hoping they are the exception.

Any recent success (like minutes ) ???

2. PaulNY macrumors member

Mine didn't activate when I plugged it in and booted it up. Showed no service.

I called 611 and got someone pretty quick. Guy was super helpful, and I was activated by the time we hung up (roughly 15-20min).

I tried to site to activate too, which was running super slow.

3. case2001 macrumors 6502

Went off without a hiccup for my wife. Less than 2 minutes.

4. bryancee macrumors regular

Yeah worked fine for me... When I turned on my 6 it activated and turned off the service on my 5S. Went really smooth.

5. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

6. Deacon-Blues macrumors 6502a

Deacon-Blues

It was really easy. I used my wife's upgrade so I called, waited about ten minutes to talk to someone, and the agent activated my phone in about three minutes. She had me test LTE and all was working perfectly in seconds.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Mine was activated in the Apple store even though I chose to unbox it at home. I know this is because my S5 became unusable the moment I paid for the phone.

8. bryancee macrumors regular

Yeah once the 6 tries to activate, it automatically turns off your other phone. Same thing happened to me kind of.

9. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I activated my phone around 2pm and it was pretty much done instantly.

10. Malizzar macrumors newbie

I got my phone at 9AM CST this morning. Swapped my SIM chip and fired the phone right up. No issues at all and it working great!

11. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I plugged my phone into my Mac and it activated in 2 minutes. The issue has been syncing data to it through the mac. iTunes is having issues with that :confused:

12. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Worked fine and activated in minutes via Wi-Fi

13. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Actually for me it was instant.

14. SpankWare macrumors regular

Activated the wife's 6 about 20 minutes ago, no issues. Took less than a minute.

15. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

Just did one of our AT&T cross-grades. Had to wait on hold for over an hour before someone picked up but once she did, it was active in 2 mins, even she was shocked how quickly it went through.

16. Chele macrumors regular

Chele

This is going to sound like a total noob question so bear with me but the AT&T SIM card was already in the phone, right? I got my new 6 today from apple. I've had iPhones before but I've never had one shipped to me, always activated in stores. I just turned my 6 on this afternoon, it loaded up, I confirmed all the important account info and I was good to go. My data, calls, and voicemail seem to be working fine. My previous iphone 5S is saying "no service". I guess I'm just waiting for the change to screw this up. Lol

17. lenard macrumors 6502

I did the same

18. siudongdong macrumors newbie

i was able to use my phone within a few minutes but somehow no data plan is associated with it.. is this normal?

19. mzd macrumors 6502a

I had activation problems this afternoon. I got in touch with AT&T over their support chat and got it taken care of around 6pm cst. Basically just had to power off the phone for a few minutes. But I had already done a restore trying to get it to work before I contacted them.

20. bryancee macrumors regular

I did the same thing and everything seems to work fine. I am using ATT Next as well.

21. yukari macrumors 6502

yukari

While that is good for now, you do realize that to use Apple Pay (hopefully starting in October), your SIM card from previous version of iPhone will not work with Apple Pay?

It's because the new SIMS have another layer of security for Apple Pay.

22. Chele macrumors regular

Chele

Okay, great! All this talk of switching sims made me nervous since I didn't have to do that. I'm not using ATT Next but I assume that doesn't matter with activation. Thanks!

23. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

1 min. Took sim out the 5s into 6. Connected to wifi and done deal.

24. mguti macrumors member

I had to call two times. First person I talked to couldn't speak good English and couldn't find the phone info so I hung up. The second person I talked got me setup in about 2 minutes.

25. AustinIllini macrumors G3

AustinIllini

I just followed the instructions in the shipping email. The first phone took a while, but went through within ten minutes. The second was instant.