AT&T app security bug? Or was it always like this?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Kev001, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kev001 macrumors newbie

So I was on my iPhone 5 today when I deleted the myAT&T app by accident, no big deal as I can just download it again. So after it was done installing I opened the app and my AT&T account was still there and because I had the password saved from before, it was possible for me to login in the account. I thought when you delete an app it completely deletes everything? Now I do know that the first time you sign into your account, it'll show a warning after it asks you if you want the password to be saved for future logins, but even after the app was deleted??? This could be a major issue especially if anyone has sold an apple product to random people.

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

It's always been that way for me. Whenever I delete something and redownload it, all my data is still there.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

That's why you restore phone as new before selling it. Problem solved.

4. Kev001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure? I just deleted my eBay and skype app with my login info already saved but upon a fresh install from the app store, my previous data was not there. I've have every iPhone since the 3G and never had this problem till now with the AT&T app.

----------

Obviously a new restore is the way to go before a sale but the problem here is that the AT&T app still recognizes my account after a complete deletion of the app. It may have deleted all of the info but I'm afraid that it has some kind of saved info saved on its servers or someplace else where it sees the device as yours and reloads data on it even after its deleted. So a new restore may not fix this.

5. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Yes. I can't give specifics, but I remember it happening because I was amazed it kept my data. Might depend on the app.

----------

Just deleted Temple Run and reinstalled it. It logged me in with my game center id as soon as I started it.

Don't know if it's getting stored on the phone or in the cloud, but it got the info from somewhere.

I seem to recall when you delete an app, the entire folder does not get deleted. Don't have a jailbroken phone to check right now.

6. Kev001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I expect that from a Game Center enabled game because that what Game Center does, it keeps track of your achievements and also it's built into iOS

7. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

I did not log in again. The game logged me in when I started it.

8. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

This is why you should ask so set a pass code on your AT&T account which is always required to login.