AT&T barely listing iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by designgeek, Feb 6, 2011.

1. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Hey there, I'm new to the iPhone Forums so go easy on me. ;)

So I'm looking to get a refurb iPhone 4 from AT&T because I don't trust Verizon, and just a few weeks ago they had them in stock online. Now I go back and they don't really even list it, they used to be at the top of the smartphone page but now they're not even listing the refurbs, or the refurbs with blemish, and the regular ones are literally at the bottom of the page.

WTF?

The various models of 3GS are all over the page including one that's just 9.99 with new contract :cool: and it's not like it's simply out of stock, whenever it was there was a badge that said it was out of stock.

Is AT&T just hanging themselves now that they actually have competition? Are they just not trying anymore? I'm really bummed, I was going to spend the hundred I saved on an :apple:tv :(

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I just checked and am getting an out of stock message. They'll likely have more in a few days or so.

3. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The refurbs come and go. Just check back in a few days.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

None of the AT&T stores had any new iPhone 4 is stock a few weeks ago, I had to go the the Apple store.

They did say to check back and a few days but never needed to.:rolleyes:

I would not read a lot into this, there is not conspiracy here just AT&T adjusting their stock.

It is not like they are out and will be getting the iPhone 5 on Monday to replace it, they are just out!

5. dannyboy8807, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

dannyboy8807 macrumors newbie

This is possibly unrelated but AT&T is trying to dig itself out of the hole it created of being the iphone carrier - carrier of the iphone. Internally it has been trying to push other areas of Android, Windows, and Blackberry but who knows, could just be random organization and out of stock.

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Yep just wait a day or 2 and they should be back in stock.

7. err404 macrumors 68020

AT&T may not advertise the iPhone as much as they have I the past, since it is no longer exclusive. But it is still a hugely popular handset. It may no longer be on the front page, but it's not going anywhere.

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah it happens. A month or so ago I was going to get a refurb from
    AT&T and they had them one day gone the next. I called customer service and the lady told me if they're out of stock they don't show up. I wanted one that day so I just went to an AT&T store and bought one (had to call 2 stores though because the 32 was out of stock at the first place I called).

9. NWI73 macrumors 6502a