AT+T big data plan w/tethering... Worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lowonthe456, May 19, 2011.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

Since u can't get the unlimited plan back I had before :(

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Depends - are you actually going to tether? If you're worried about using like 2.5GB on just your phone, it's the same price to buy the 2GB data plan and 2 overage buckets in the month (at $10 each). That way you only pay for what you actually use.

That said, tether with MyWi as much as you want with the said data plan. The worst that they'll do is switch you to the tethering plan, which is where your mind already is anyway :)

3. shelbymayer macrumors regular

Did you used to have the $30 unlimited plan with AT&T?

If so I would DEF try and call customer service to re add it...the worse they can do is say no. (also threaten to leave AT&T if they give you trouble at first)

I remember reading a little while back that they were "quietly" allowing people who used to have it to add it back again! (I think this was around the time of the VZW iphone launch)

But if you never had it in the first place then disreguard my post! :p

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

If you don't mind stealing you could always just get a regular data plan and use one of the many options to enable tethering without paying

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

In my honest opinion, I would wait and see what happens this summer. Verizon is also moving into limited Data plans. Verizon will most likely offer better data plans than AT&T. It was Verizon who started 69.99 voice talk unlimited and AT&T matched it about 24 hours later.

Verizon will most likely offer better rate plans than AT&T. That leaves you either switch to verizon or wait until AT&T to match that plan.

Verizon is also explained that they are considering family data plan for the smart phones with these new pricing structure. I would highly recommend for you to wait and see with iPhone 5 or 4S or 4+ or w/e they want to call it.