AT&T bill, again...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JackSpearo, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I thought AT&T billed for the first two months on the first bill?

I just read my bill and it's 176 bucks...

206 the first time, now 176...wtf??? seriously?

how can anyone afford 200 dollar a month CELL phone service?

I'm starting to think this was not worth it

2. beatjunkiesdpx macrumors newbie

what plan do you have first off?

and if the bill is wrong...why dont you actually call ATT and fix the problem.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Exactly. Also what sort of other services do you have?

I currently pay $72 a month, which is my $40 voice service, $20 data service, and $12 in Government Fees and taxes.

TEG

4. JackSpearo thread starter macrumors regular

because i'm in europe...

i dunno if the bill is wrong, i'm just saying it's freaking crazy

I have the 900 minute plan

i dont even see my roll over minutes or anything

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

AT&T minutes = minutes in the US

Does not cover international. None of the carrier basic plans covers international.

We need a face palm smily.

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Do you have the international data plan? Does AT&T know you're in europe?

They have been known to charge hefty fees for data overages when used internationally, there were big stories about it early on in the iPhone days. Could that be your problem?

7. iEric87 macrumors newbie

You think you have it bad?

I'm sorry, but I read these posts everyday but have never had a good enough reason to create a login to start posting.. Well today is the day gentlemen. I'd kill for a $74/month iPhone bill, even a $200/month one. I have 3 iPhones all with Business suite, on an all unlimited data, voice, txt plan. Want to know what my first month's (techinically first 2 months w/ act fees) was??

$750

:confused::eek::mad::(:D ..... :apple:

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

750/3 = 250

250/2 = 125

Kudos to atszyman for remember to divide by 3, and not 2. DOH!

9. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

might want to change the batteries in your calculator

750/3 = 250

250/2 = 125

10. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

That really isn't that bad. If it was for 2 months that means you are paying $125 per line per month. How many minutes?

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unlimited within the US is $130 I believe.

12. iEric87 macrumors newbie

It was a full month and half of a pro-rated month, plus 3 act fees. The break down is, one iPhone is on full unlimited, while the other 2 share their own unlimited.

Basically, to break it down even further, to add the third line to the unlimited family share (ATT), is more expensive than keeping the third line separate on it's own unlimited plan.

Bottom line...these phones don't do justice for the bill. The functionality is great. I've dealt with all the bugs and missing features with calm and coolness. And nor is it that I cannot pay the bill, I'm well off...but is it WORTH it?

My humble opinion, I wish I did not jump RIGHT ON the bandwagon and bought these phones for me and the ones I love.

The sequence of emoted faces on my original post explain my feelings exactly, hahaha.

13. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

My AT&T bill is just south of $190 every month.

Doesn't really bother me, that is the 900 anytime minute plan w/unlimited texting, and a laptop connect card.

14. iEric87 macrumors newbie

Yes, well take your bill and almost multiply it by 4 and tell me how you feel. My cellphone bill is a little more than 1/4 my mortage.....I love it.

15. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Back to the OP:

If you think this bill is huge wait until you get the next one. If you are roaming in Europe you will be paying at a minimum $1.29/minute (if you have an Int'l roaming plan this can drop to $0.99). Data is $0.0195 per KB. I'll let you do the frightening math on those.

I hope you weren't planning on int'l roaming being included in your regular monthly rate.

16. iEric87 macrumors newbie

Even with the International Plan of 5.99 a month, it does not guarantee .99 a minute in ALL over Europe. If you look closely at the bill, certain areas (aka certain providers) charge higher rates REGARDLESS.

I used my phone in Italy for a week, and I only wished that my phone worked that well here.

Also, the fact I used my phone in Italy for a week does not reflect itself in my $750 monthly statement...those international charges can take months to show up.....cool, huh?

17. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I live in Okie land my bill is nearly half my Condo payment, and more than my Condo dues. :D

Its slightly lower than my car payment, and is in a dead heat with my cable bill. :D

And to the OP if you didn't know about the international rates your in real trouble when your next bill comes...

18. iEric87 macrumors newbie

Hey...it's all about being a baller.

19. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

That was why I said "at a minimum..." The rate in Russia is $4.99/minute if you don't have the Int'l Roaming plan and $3.99/minute if you do.

That is why whenever anyone in my office travels outside the US I hand them an unlocked phone and a prepaid sim card for wherever they are traveling to. Saves some huge amounts of cash.

20. iEric87 macrumors newbie

That is the best thing to do, hands down. In my case, I had just bought the phones (first contract on a GSM carrier) before leaving the country. Did not get my hands on an unlocked GSM phone in time. Besides, it was before Europe got their hands on the new 3G, making me an international hit.

21. ottx macrumors newbie

Roommate - Rogers - Phone roaming for 1 week in cuba = 650$ phone bill. not a single call made or received. They left their phone on by accident.

Gotta love Canada Telco

22. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

I assume it was data charges. They can't just charge you for having your phone on. Some carriers will charge for an incoming call and vms even if you don't answer but if he got 0 calls and 0 vms....

23. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

The OP seems to have disappeared.

Do you think he has fainted and hit his head?

or

Is on the phone with AT&T desperately begging trying to get them to waive a bunch of int'l roaming fees he has been racking up over the past 2 weeks?

24. tritonj macrumors 6502a

that is why when you go international it is a good idea to leave your phone at home and go and grab a prepay sim when you get over there

25. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My neighbor goes to Vietnam several times a year and purchases phone cards in Vietnam. My bill averages out to $73 per iPhone with 1400 minutes, unlimited text messages, unlimited M2M, early 7pm unlimited minutes, etc. and 6,000+ rollover minutes. Sorry to hear about those $$$ bills. :(