AT&T Bill already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beebo87, Jul 2, 2010.

1. beebo87 macrumors member

i switched carriers from tmobile to att to get the iphone4 last thursday... and i got my first bill already. the bill says its for services from 6/24/10-6/25/10 and its charging me the full monthly rate i signed up for and some extra "usage fees" which i do not understand at all. since i'm new to att i dont know if this is normal or not. anyone else get billed already?

2. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

I'm new to AT&T and the iPhone 4 as well. I believe it is for next month's use plus a prorated amount for what you used before the start of the billing cycle. Though I may be mistaken.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

4. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes. I came from Verizon. Depending on your rate plan, it is the plan divided by 30 days (sans taxes-fees) + the next month.

Mine is just like yours. We got off cheap. If it had been two weeks + the next month, figure it out.

The bill also includes the activation fee or fees. I had two phones on a family plan.

5. beebo87 thread starter macrumors member

so i'm paying now... for my future usage? i dont get why i'm paying the full monthly rate for 1 day of service. and they are billing me like 30 minutes when i get 550 on a family plan and theres no way my brother and i went over 550 minutes in 1 day.

6. Billy Mays macrumors member

It should be prorated so you only have to pay for that day's use. Here's a question for you, did your minutes rollover to July? That'd be nice...

7. beebo87 thread starter macrumors member

its definitely not prorated. i signed up for the 550 family talk plan with unlimited family text and 2 2gb data plans. so all in all thats 140 plus taxes. i was charged around 250 because of the new line costs and because of usage fees. it says i have like 10 roll over minutes. i dont get att's billing at all.

8. jringo718 macrumors newbie

IIRC AT&T bills one month in advance.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

Mine is the 700 Family plant and 2 - 2 GB data plans- no text - bill was 208. The way I figured it, that is real close for me.

10. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    I want to know this as well. Because if so, OP you are lucky.

And essentially this is how I understand it to work. If there is 1 week left in your cycle, you pay for 5 weeks, plus activation fees, in the first bill. The way it is broken down, afaik, is that you are charged the first full month and the prorated time left in the initial month (in this example 1 week). After that its just monthly bills.

Hope that helps. Kind of hard to explain.

11. dagored macrumors 65816

Go to ATT.com and create your wireless account. It will list all you activities of all your phones, plus a copy of the bill that will be sent in the mail, if you chose that method.

I just downloaded (PDF format) a copy of mine, and it seems right to me. Remember your first phone cost 36 and second was 26 - to activate - 64 bucks right off the bat.