AT&T Bill Errors (Not Once, But Twice)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mciarlo, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

I bought an iPhone July 11 with the $5, 200 text option. A week later I check my account online only to find I'm being billed per text. I call up AT&T to have the iPhone texting added and any charges accrued removed and to switch an unlimited family texting plan to a single user unlimited texting plan.

Cut to tonight when I check my bill and I am STILL being billed per text on my iPhone and the unlimited texting option has been added twice on my entire family plan instead of replaced with the single number plan.

A 45 minute telephone call later I finally got the extra charges removed, but could not get a credit for my time and energy. Nevertheless, the customer service representative was very understanding and removed the upgrade fee.

Word to the wise, check your bills!

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Agreed. That is why I have stopped automatic payments online. I want to read my bills now as AT&T has screwed up bills for some people including continuing errors even after they are pointed out

I had this problem with BellSouth a few years ago. They charged me something 3 consecutive months when I called each month after and kept getting it taken off.