AT&T Billing Mistake?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by getzuga, Aug 7, 2008.

1. getzuga macrumors newbie

hello i tried searching for this but there was no thread i could find that specifically helps with my question.

i purchased the iphone on july 26 and at&t billed me $140 for like 5 days from 7/26 to 8/1. I understand they charge a month in advance but $70 for 5 days use is that normal? help me understand this please i don't know what im exactly paying for.

2. minik macrumors 65816

Any optional service (e.g. text message plan)?

I joined at&t on July 11 as a new subscriber and signed up for the $39.99/mon plan. My first bill came up as $186 total.

3. ottergal macrumors member

I assume you have online billing? If so, look at the detail of the bill (not the summary) and they are pretty good about laying out where they got the amounts.

You also don't say what plan you're on or what features you have so it's hard to tell where the money is coming from.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

upgrade fee is 18 bucks but if you are new to att, activation is 36 bucks. that may explain some of it

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

6. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Go to your online account. Click on "View Bill Summary." Then look for this [​IMG] and click on it, and you'll see every bit of your bill spelled out, including how they came to the prorated charges and everything.

They are charging you for a last month (prorated), and the coming month (full), and for the upgrade/activation fee, taxes, etc. Look on the bill. I promise it's all there.

I got my iPhone on 7/25, and my bill was $149 with no mistakes. *I have 450 minutes, the data plan of course, and 1500 text messages*

7. getzuga thread starter macrumors newbie

thx for the help i saw the billing summary link didn't see that before im an idiot thanks for everyones time.