AT&T billing question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by California King, Sep 13, 2009.

1. California King macrumors 65816

So I just bought an iPhone 3GS today and registered my account on att.com. I was looking around and saw that my billing cycle doesn't start for another 3 days? Does this mean all my minutes I use in these 3 days will not count, as in, 3 free days?

2. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

I'm almost positive that you'll be prorated for those days until your billing cycle starts.

3. Harman M macrumors member

No. You have to pay. Nothing in the world is free, it must be earned.

4. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys, just curious, why doesn't the billing cycle start the same day it was activated?

5. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

Mine didn't start the same day it was activated because I personally requested them to start my billing cycle on a certain day so I could stagger it along with my other bills. Otherwise, I don't understand exactly why they would do that unless you asked them to...unless it's an AT&T scheme to make some profit off of prorated fees (kinda like the "fraction of a penny scheme" on Office Space).

6. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

AT&T will never give you anything for free.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I can't speak for AT&T Wireless, but I know for AT&T landline service, the billing date is determined by your area code and exchange, and this may hold true for wireless as well. For example, all land line numbers beginning with 123-456 may cycle on the 20th of each month; if you start service on the 15th with the phone number 123-456-7890, you'll have 5 prorated days plus a full month on your next bill.