AT&T (black for white) return policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by treyjustice, Jul 8, 2010.

1. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

that I have 30 days to return my iPhone 4 if I'm unhappy with it for any reason. They also told me if the white comes out within the 30 day period I will be allowed to exchange it for that if I decided too. Either way I still have to pay the restocking fee.

2. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

In store, or by mail?

I'd bet they won't turn away a new customer to exchange that black iphone for you.

By mail, I can see it. Even then, they'll fill new orders before they ship out exchanges to people who want a color swap.

They'll also refurb those black ones and slap'em up on the AT&T web site right away.

3. tocheeba macrumors member

Why did you have to create a new thread for this? There are multiple others on the same page. We're happy you have zero patience and can't wait a month to get a white one. Good luck with your restocking fee.

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Interesting. So AT&T is charging the restocking fee. $60-70 bucks to swap. Should deter most people from "swapping".

5. treyjustice thread starter macrumors 65816

treyjustice

It gets lost in the previous threads.

I'm not swapping mine, but I do know plenty of people who previously wanted black want white now. For what reason doesn't matter. Just wanted to point out AT&T will allow you too.

6. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I doubt it. People are paying over a thousand dollars for the phone.

7. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Flawed logic.

Extenuating circumstances. Those people don't have the ability to purchase an iPhone regularly. Thus will unlikely have the ability to return the iPhone.

So yes, the restocking fee will deter a number of people.

8. MKang25 macrumors regular

I thought apple was not charging a restocking fee

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Apple isn't, apparently AT&T is.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Perhaps ATT should only allow swaps AFTER a week or so thereby allowing new/full purchasers to get theirs before they lose out on a white one to someone who just wants to "swap."

And for full disclosure - I own a black iPhone and I am NOT swapping nor do I want a white one.