AT&T Blacklisted phone would work in Canada or not

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Somebody sold me a US Blacklisted iphone 6 plus from AT&T. Later I found out that it was blacklisted. It is not icloud locked or anything, but it will not work in US that I have confirmed from various sources. Is it possible to get it unlocked and send it to my friend in Canada. There are no reliable sources that gives the information.

Is there anyone on the forum who has experienced the same situation.

Thanks
No one will help you with your stolen iPhone. Move along.

LucasEVille

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
Nottingham & London, UK
Somebody sold me a US Blacklisted iphone 6 plus from AT&T. Later I found out that it was blacklisted. It is not icloud locked or anything, but it will not work in US that I have confirmed from various sources. Is it possible to get it unlocked and send it to my friend in Canada. There are no reliable sources that gives the information.

Thanks
The iPhone was stolen unless you can prove otherwise in a court of law. No one will help until that happens.

Reactions: old-wiz and ABC5S

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks
Yes. You can get it unlocked. If its blacklisted on AT&T it won't work anywhere in the U.S. ATT and TMobile share a blacklist database. But if unlocked, it will work perfectly in Canada or any other country.

Reactions: Switchback666
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.