Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Has anyone noticed they added that you have to have Directv to qualify for the BOGO now, they never had that requirement during launch. Or did i just get screwed adding another line and paying for another phone for nothing now. Please tell me they never had the Directv requirement last week??

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I don’t think they did, I thought you just had to add a new line

Ya that’s what I thought too and read last week. Now I see you have to have Directv. Which is shady as hell, and they don’t even tell you if you qualify at time of order just say u will see a bill credit in 3 months. But by then it’s too late to cancel. Such a sham
[doublepost=1538010657][/doublepost]
Starting today it requires tv services.

Oh thank god. How shady is that they just change requirements within 6 days. What did they get to many orders? Requiring TV now will slash there BOGO orders by a ton

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Dude At&t is a rip off I’ve had them since November of last year. That’s over 10 months and they just now fixed my credit. I was missing 2 then 1 just now got it fixed.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Dude At&t is a rip off I’ve had them since November of last year. That’s over 10 months and they just now fixed my credit. I was missing 2 then 1 just now got it fixed.

I had a friend that was with them for 10 years and just canceled cause they totally screwed him on the BOGO and treated him like dirt over it...

If I don’t get my credit I’m out!

Reactions: Brandonjr36

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I had a friend that was with them for 10 years and just canceled cause they totally screwed him on the BOGO and treated him like dirt over it...

If I don’t get my credit I’m out!
Hope you get it man. Yeah honestly At&t is very greedy and I hate them as well.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
they had it for most of last year and got rid of it in october.
this year it has been on and off too

it comes and goes

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Hope you get it man. Yeah honestly At&t is very greedy and I hate them as well.

What I don’t get is why they don’t say you qualify for it during ur order or sign up for it when you order. It is the shadyiest **** I have ever heard that they just say, oh you will see the credit in 3 months without ever seeing any documentation that your in the BOGO deal.

Reactions: Brandonjr36

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
Well that is just stupid, especially considering that our landlord does not allow Satellite dishes. At least they could extend it to DTV Now customers.... we were planning on doing the BOGO with the XR preorders...

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
BOGO is too complicated - rules. Thought about playing that game, but really do not want to change phone numbers on one of our lines. Will wait to see if SAMS or Target will offer some nice deals in late Nov like they do most years.

Reactions: Maltoo2

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I can see why some like BOGO offers. However, the carriers (as a whole) use that kind of offer to lock you to their service, or making you expand your current service to meet the new requirements. Rarely do customers win with engaging in BOGO deals.

Maltoo2

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2013
BOGO is too complicated - rules. Thought about playing that game, but really do not want to change phone numbers on one of our lines. Will wait to see if SAMS or Target will offer some nice deals in late Nov like they do most years.
I am going to wait now too, went in today to do the BOGO and was told had to add the TV NFW I like who we have now and do not want to add Direct TV. I am pissed I waited. Hope Nov has some good deals.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
That BOGO deal kind of pissed me off, but it didn't stop from switching my service over from Verizon. Oh well, there's no such thing as free in this world.

I was sick and tired of Verizon's **** - especially since there is no longer a benefit to getting a Verizon phone for Qualcomm modems.

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
You dont have to change numbers. Do what I did, as long as you have a line that you dont owe any payments on, add a new line, when new phone comes tell them you want to keep old number but cancel old line and put new number on new line you just opened. They did it for me, no problem.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I hate that AT&T is trying to force people to use DirecTV. Literally I go into AT&T to buy a case and they want to know what I'm doing for cable TV. Obnoxious!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.