Carrier AT&T BOGO Requirements changed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renho, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Has anyone noticed they added that you have to have Directv to qualify for the BOGO now, they never had that requirement during launch. Or did i just get screwed adding another line and paying for another phone for nothing now. Please tell me they never had the Directv requirement last week??

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

I don’t think they did, I thought you just had to add a new line

3. metzy25 macrumors 65816

metzy25

4. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

Ya that’s what I thought too and read last week. Now I see you have to have Directv. Which is shady as hell, and they don’t even tell you if you qualify at time of order just say u will see a bill credit in 3 months. But by then it’s too late to cancel. Such a sham
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    Oh thank god. How shady is that they just change requirements within 6 days. What did they get to many orders? Requiring TV now will slash there BOGO orders by a ton

5. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Dude At&t is a rip off I’ve had them since November of last year. That’s over 10 months and they just now fixed my credit. I was missing 2 then 1 just now got it fixed.

6. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

I had a friend that was with them for 10 years and just canceled cause they totally screwed him on the BOGO and treated him like dirt over it...

If I don’t get my credit I’m out!

7. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Hope you get it man. Yeah honestly At&t is very greedy and I hate them as well.

8. alent1234 macrumors 603

they had it for most of last year and got rid of it in october.
    this year it has been on and off too

it comes and goes

9. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

What I don’t get is why they don’t say you qualify for it during ur order or sign up for it when you order. It is the shadyiest **** I have ever heard that they just say, oh you will see the credit in 3 months without ever seeing any documentation that your in the BOGO deal.

10. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Well that is just stupid, especially considering that our landlord does not allow Satellite dishes. At least they could extend it to DTV Now customers.... we were planning on doing the BOGO with the XR preorders...

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

BOGO is too complicated - rules. Thought about playing that game, but really do not want to change phone numbers on one of our lines. Will wait to see if SAMS or Target will offer some nice deals in late Nov like they do most years.

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I can see why some like BOGO offers. However, the carriers (as a whole) use that kind of offer to lock you to their service, or making you expand your current service to meet the new requirements. Rarely do customers win with engaging in BOGO deals.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

ATT is just removing the expense of giving you a “free” phone.

There is no such thing as free and you will be expected to pay one way or another.

14. Maltoo2 macrumors regular

I am going to wait now too, went in today to do the BOGO and was told had to add the TV NFW I like who we have now and do not want to add Direct TV. I am pissed I waited. Hope Nov has some good deals.

15. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

That BOGO deal kind of pissed me off, but it didn't stop from switching my service over from Verizon. Oh well, there's no such thing as free in this world.

I was sick and tired of Verizon's **** - especially since there is no longer a benefit to getting a Verizon phone for Qualcomm modems.

16. OC513 macrumors 6502

You dont have to change numbers. Do what I did, as long as you have a line that you dont owe any payments on, add a new line, when new phone comes tell them you want to keep old number but cancel old line and put new number on new line you just opened. They did it for me, no problem.

17. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I hate that AT&T is trying to force people to use DirecTV. Literally I go into AT&T to buy a case and they want to know what I'm doing for cable TV. Obnoxious!!!!