Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fonz5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
So I have a preorder of a 6+ from the ATT store... I am getting one on Next but my question is " if I was able to get my hands on an iPhone 6+ before my preorder came in, why wouldn't I be able to buy it on the next plan and cancel the preorder?

Sorry if that seems confusing..... But for example, what if I stood in line Friday and got one somehow? After talking to ATT, they said I would have to pay the $750 for it because I already preordered the phone and can't use the Next upgrade on a different phone.

That seems dumb to me.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I pre-ordered 2 iPhone 6 64GB on Friday at an ATT store. When I checked the ship dates later it was late in October. Decided that was too long so yesterday I called ATT and cancelled the order. I will wait in line on Friday at an Apple store -- I actually enjoy chatting with people in line on launch days.

My upgrade eligibility did not "reset" after it was cancelled yesterday. I called ATT a couple of times and kept getting different answers (typical for ATT customer service reps).

I went to the ATT store today and they were able to fix it and my 2 lines are now eligible for upgrades again.

As for buying a phone Friday, how would you buy one on NEXT upgrade when you have already used your upgrade (since you said you would cancel it after buying another one)? And after the problems I went through with canceling, it may not happen easily and it may take a while for your line to be eligible for an upgrade again.

The only way I could see that work for you is if you were trying to get one from the ATT store on Friday. They may be able to do the cancel / re-purchsase at the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.