AT&T car charger does not fit Otterbox Defender case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mylexon20s, Oct 27, 2014.

1. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

So my wife and I both purchased iPhone 6 on launch day, and both got Otterbox Defender cases. I decided to use a Speck Candyshell on my phone, however my wife continues to use her Otterbox. Turns out the iPhone car charger (Sold by AT&T) DOES NOT fit through the cut-out in the plastic on the otterbox.

I called Otterbox, and the rep I spoke to was very condescending, and stated that "they don't make their products with third party chargers in mind", and that the "cases are only designed to fit the standard white iPhone cable"... :mad::mad:

So I can understand that considering there are so many chargers out there, but AT&T car chargers haven't changed since the 5, so you would expect that it should fit?

Anybody else experience this? What other car chargers are there, that are confirmed to fit through the opening in the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 6?

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

This isn't really a new issue, alot of companies have larger than necessary cables

3. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

I have worked in wireless for over 6 years, and never had a person return a case because the cable didn't fit. Although I guess this may not be a new issue, it is a new issue that I am experiencing.

4. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

It's been pretty well known for a long time that the Otterbox opening isn't wide enough to accomodate many aftermarket chargers.

5. Bocatrip macrumors member

How about I purchased my expensive car charger from Apple and it didn't fit my iphone 6 defender case either! Back to the store it went. I have no car charger at this time.

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Realistically you could just use a standard Apple cable with a car charger THST doesn't have an attached cable

7. Bocatrip macrumors member

Yes I know. I already have an extra Apple wall charger for when I travel, but I would like a one piece car charger so that I don't have all these pieces all over the place.