AT&T charged me 155 dollars in data??!!??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 30, 2009.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

So my ATT&T bill came in the mail today, so I open it up and see a bill of 377 dollars! WTF? I knew I upgraded to 3GS on the 19th one day before the next billing cycle so they can charge me the extra 10 for the 3G data plan. When I got my 3GS it said I had no data plan and canceled my 2G iphone data plan. I had to call ATT for them to add it and change my IMEI number. Which means I was charged for all that data. Now I have to call ATT and hope they refund my money because it clearly states I have an iPhone data plan on the bill.

Anybody else got this problem?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

3. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

call at&t. they will credit the money, no problem. nothing to get worked up about. :)

4. netslacker macrumors 6502

I have been somewhat worried about this myself so I've checked my account status a couple of times this past week. It still says that it can't tell me usage, until the next bill cycle, but it does say I have the iPhone data plan.

5. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

When I bought the 3G at best buy last summer, the guy didn't hook up my data plan, so I was also billed per data usage for a month or so. Called ATT and they took care of it no problem.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry, but AT&T is infamous for exactly this situation; call them and chew 'em out for wasting you time and trying to steal your money.... lol :eek::eek::eek:

7. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Really now? I've not had these problems, nor have I heard about it before this thread. So AT&T can't be infamous for it, now can it. BTW I have had AT&T for the last 10 years; still never heard of it happening before.

8. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I am sure there are people who will just write the check for whatever the amount the bill says.

It can be no big deal for us, but some innocent people will get ripped off by these kinds of mistakes.

9. shaotse macrumors member

whew

I thought that this was going to be a thread about tethering penalties......

10. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Or you could just ask nicely and they'd be happy to do it.

But feel free to be a tool to them so they don't even want to fix your problem. I don't yell at people in restaurants when they get my food wrong. Why? They *might* spit in my food. Why wouldn't I yell at ATT? They *might* mess with my account.

11. mrtune macrumors 6502a

me too!

12. joro macrumors 68020

joro

+1 :D