At&t contract and Apple upgrade plan conflict

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sawyer70, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Sawyer70 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I've been searching for a bit to no avail.

I currently have 9 days left on my AT&T subsidized contract and I want to move to the Apple upgrade plan (mostly because of the applecare+ included). However, upon talking with Apple and AT&T today, I would need to be out of my previous contract to use the apple option. That would mean I would not be able to reserve an iPhone at 12:01 am. AT&T would charge me $95 to exit my contract early (only 9 days!). Of course, though, I would be out of the plan by the time the phone would be purchased.

Does this information sound correct? If it is, does anyone know a workaround that I could use to pre order tonight? I assumed I would be able to purchase the iPhone 6s unlocked via the program and just do a BYOD with AT&T, but I'm apparently off by a few days.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. nflea7 macrumors newbie

Until you pay off your plan you're under contract. ATT is allowing early upgrades for purchase made online at ATT.com or at a corporate store. If you buy through apple you either have to pay the full price of the phone or use the Next or apple's new payment plan.

3. Sawyer70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind. I was given incorrect info by Apple Support. I just went straight to the Apple Upgrade Program instead of trying to purchase. Was a bit confusing tho!