AT&T Contract cancellation - am I thinking this through right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roflcopterrr, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Roflcopterrr macrumors member

I've been on contract with at&t since october 2008, and I want a nexus one.. I started the plan with a different phone, and got a 3GS in August of '09 which restarted the contract. HOWEVER.. "An Early Termination Fee of $175 may be assessed against you in the event that you terminate your Wireless Service Agreement and/or selected plan before the expiration of its term. For Service activated on or after May 25, 2008, the Early Termination Fee will be reduced by $5.00 for each full month toward your minimum term that you complete." I am assuming that since i've been with them for 15 months, I would only pay $100 to cancel the line? Thanks!

2. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Your contract has been subtracting $5 ever since August, not October 08.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

+1

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I bought mine in June of 09 and when I was looking at cancelling my AT&T contract in December 09 AT&T told me the cost would have been $140.

You might be looking at $125 right about now just to cancel it, but the Nexus One does not work on AT&T's 3G only Edge just in case you were thinking of that, not sure you are looking to go the T-Mobile way or not?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. thep33t macrumors regular

ATT is nice enough not to tell you until AFTER you canceled. They will only estimate...

Then again, I shouldn't bash ATT for that, that is par for most phone/internet providers.

7. joebobthehob macrumors member

Eh, what? Call 611 and ask them. All they have to do is press a single button to see the dates you contract runs and the ETF if you cancel today.

8. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Yup. I did an early termination once and they told me what the price was before I did it and it was that price also.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No estimate, they can tell you the exact amount.