Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roflcopterrr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I've been on contract with at&t since october 2008, and I want a nexus one.. I started the plan with a different phone, and got a 3GS in August of '09 which restarted the contract. HOWEVER.. "An Early Termination Fee of $175 may be assessed against you in the event that you terminate your Wireless Service Agreement and/or selected plan before the expiration of its term. For Service activated on or after May 25, 2008, the Early Termination Fee will be reduced by $5.00 for each full month toward your minimum term that you complete." I am assuming that since i've been with them for 15 months, I would only pay $100 to cancel the line? Thanks!

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I bought mine in June of 09 and when I was looking at cancelling my AT&T contract in December 09 AT&T told me the cost would have been $140.

You might be looking at $125 right about now just to cancel it, but the Nexus One does not work on AT&T's 3G only Edge just in case you were thinking of that, not sure you are looking to go the T-Mobile way or not?

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I have this crazy idea. Why not ask ATT?

ATT is nice enough not to tell you until AFTER you canceled. They will only estimate...

Then again, I shouldn't bash ATT for that, that is par for most phone/internet providers.

joebobthehob

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
ATT is nice enough not to tell you until AFTER you canceled. They will only estimate...

Then again, I shouldn't bash ATT for that, that is par for most phone/internet providers.

Eh, what? Call 611 and ask them. All they have to do is press a single button to see the dates you contract runs and the ETF if you cancel today.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Eh, what? Call 611 and ask them. All they have to do is press a single button to see the dates you contract runs and the ETF if you cancel today.

Yup. I did an early termination once and they told me what the price was before I did it and it was that price also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.