AT&T Contract ETF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjnierva23, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mjnierva23 macrumors newbie

My contract ends with Att in three weeks an i want to switch to Verizon before they end the unlimited data so ill be grandfathered in. Is thee any possible way i could get out of the contract without paying the etf. Im on a family plan so it will be around 100 per phone i want to cancel

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Nope.

Your contract ends in 3 weeks so you'll just have to wait.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No, but it's reduced by some amount every month after starting at a certain point. The iPhone 4 contracts were at the beginning of the new $325 ETF from AT&T, but before it was about $150 and went down $10 per month.

4. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I thought there was no ETFs within a month of contract end? At least this is how it is for Sprint.

5. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Get the phones with verizon now and then when your contract is up port your numbers over from att to verizon... You will be paying for two sets of phones for a month but when your contract is up with ATT then you just cancel it and you get what you want but still costs a bit.

6. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I think it's pretty likely that Verizon will still have the unlimited plans in three weeks. You should probably just wait.

7. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

lolololol seriously

8. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I got my iPhone 4 in September so my ETF is "down" to $260 :eek:. Even at the end of two years it would just be hitting $110 :rolleyes:. I'm in the opposite situation. I like tiered data which is why I came to At&t in the first place. But I had a run of bad luck a few weeks back and had 24+ dropped calls in two weeks. I never had so much trouble before then or since but it was enough to get me thinking about a Verizon iPhone 4. At this point, I would consider switching (or staying) for a family data plan. With 4 lines, I'm not prepared to cough up $30 per month per line just for data. At one point, as I was having all those dropped calls, I thought about taking my "mark the spot" text messages in to an At&t store to ask to get let out without an ETF because of poor coverage. Fortunately things got better before I got fed up enough to go in and do it.

In your situation I would avoid paying any ETF and just wait. Verizon was offering pretty significant rebates for people coming from At&t so you could see if they would cover your remaining ETF. I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to ask.