AT&T Contract Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zathu, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Zathu macrumors regular

Zathu

With the rumors of a subsidized 3G iPhone about, I'm trying to figure out if I would qualify for possible subsidized upgrade pricing.

I've had my AT&T contract for over two years and have never done an upgrade through AT&T. I purchased an iPhone in October 2007 and activated it through iTunes. Would this have completely restarted my contract? When I look at my AT&T profile, it says my contract end date is October 2009..

On the AT&T website, it states "This line is eligible for reduced equipment pricing when you sign up for a new 2-year service agreement." when I look at phones to upgrade to. I'm confused as to why the website says I can get some of these phones cheaper, when it also tells me my contract isn't over for over a year.

Is there something that may be causing this because since I never got a subsidized discount when I got my iPhone?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Because you didn't get a subsidy with the new 2year contract with the iPhone you are eligible for a subsidy on a new phone. Whether that will be valid on the iPhone, we will have to wait until Monday to find out.