Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tito Georgie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
New York
Well this is pretty funny I think, but true. I take advantage of it so if you speak Spanish I think you should.

First case I needed my unlimited web back after a month of having it off. I called English 4 times "nothing we can do sir" decided to call Spanish 5 minutes later have my unlimited back.

I sometimes pay my bill late. I always call in English to extend the bill payment of my iPhone. In English they usually give me 2 weeks when two weeks over I call again like 3 times in English trying to get more days and they say no. I called Spanish I get two more weeks.

My girlfriend went to Dominican republic in a college trip I stupidly called long distance a lot. Called in English I get $20 credit okay fine, called next week English got another $20 credit. I just called in Spanish I got $78 credit the lady was nice and said this is one time thing lol I guess she didn't know I already have gotten $40 credit for the same case.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
comprehension

maybe they understood better your spanish than your english and could help you solve your problem appropriately...:cool: For me CS for anything is usually better in english, the good thing about spanish CS is there is way less waiting time...

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
maybe they understood better your spanish than your english and could help you out appropriately...:cool:

You mean the indian could not understand the english from the hispanic???

BTW, it's generally true that you get better, more friendly or faster service if you use the hispanic operators. I typically use the english operators but if there's a long wait I dial back and and select 'español' option and is less or no wait.

Tito Georgie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
New York
maybe they understood better your spanish than your english and could help you solve your problem appropriately...:cool: For me CS for anything is usually better in english, the good thing about spanish CS is there is way less waiting time...

I was born here, Spanish is not my first language.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Maybe I'll give that a shot next time I have an issue. Sounds like you are scamming them though lol.

jcole31

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Congrats on signing up for a contract you apparently can't afford?

This will catch up with you eventually whether it is AT&T that eventually flags your account or if your bill paying habits carry over to any of your other bills.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I've had the same experience. Not only are they nicer, you get an operator much faster than the English speaking line.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
Well this is pretty stupid I think, but true. I take advantage of it so if you speak Spanish I think you should.

First case I needed my unlimited web back after a month of having it off. I called English 4 times "nothing we can do sir" decided to call Spanish 5 minutes later have my unlimited back.

I always pay my bill late. I always call in English to extend the bill payment of my iPhone. In English they usually give me 2 weeks when two weeks over I call again like 3 times in English trying to get more days and they say no. I called Spanish I get two more weeks.

My girlfriend went to Dominican republic in a college trip I knowingly called long distance a lot. Called in English I get $20 credit okay fine, called next week English got another $20 credit. I just called in Spanish I got $78 credit the lady was nice and said this is one time thing lol I guess she didn't know I already have gotten $40 credit for the same case.

fixed it for ya

also, if you need 7 weeks to pay your bill, you shouldn't have that plan in the first place.

don't buy anything if you don't have the money, it's common sense...

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I can see a paralelism here in Spain.

For those of u who don't know, a few regions in spain have their own language, most of which are quite close to spanish (Galego or Asturian), some are a bit closer to French (like Catalan) while Eskara shares no roots with any other indoeuropean language.

The point is that, just like UK/US operators outsource customer service to english-speaking India, Spanish companies do likewise and move their callcenters to south american countries, where labour is a lot cheaper.

But since the other spanish languages (Catalan, Euskara and Galego) are official languages, these companies are obliged by law to allow those who want to speak in those languages to be attended.

Historically south american call centers provide a much worse service because they cut on all possible costs, and personnel formation is one of them. CS representatives don't know the products they are suppose to support well, and often they work for different companies at the same time (for example a phone company and a electricity utility company!!).

So, in short; if you want to talk to someone who's actually in Spain, who knows what they're talking about and who can actually help you, you need to ask to speak in any of those languages (and then you switch back to spanish if you want!)

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
fixed it for ya

also, if you need 7 weeks to pay your bill, you shouldn't have that plan in the first place.

don't buy anything if you don't have the money, it's common sense...
Geez. How about you guys worry about your own finances and stop being so judgemental. Who are you to tell him what he can and cannot afford. You don't know his family life or financial commitments so worry about your own wallet instead of his.

Tito Georgie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
New York
Geez. How about you guys worry about your own finances and stop being so judgemental. Who are you to tell him what he can and cannot afford. You don't know his family life or financial commitments so worry about your own wallet instead of his.

Wow thank you well said. I'm 17 and I somewhat find this people immature.

But just to clear that up. Sometimes I pay my bill late cause my dad is the one that pays it. He travels a lot to Boston and Florida he has a restaurant over there so he be busy. So I have to wait until he gets back to New York.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
Wow thank you well said. I'm 17 and I somewhat find this people immature.

But just to clear that up. Sometimes I pay my bill late cause my dad is the one that pays it. He travels a lot to Boston and Florida he has a restaurant over there so he be busy. So I have to wait until he gets back to New York.

have neither of you heard of "automatic payments"?

it's a rather new concept developed yesterday...

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
have neither both of you heard of "automatic payments"?

it's a rather new concept developed yesterday...

I love automatic payments: 95% of my bills I pay them like this, I especially like the ones I can do w/ my CC instead of the Direct bank acc one. You get the points/cash back in your CC and then at the end of the month the credit card has an automatic payment from my bank acc to leave it on $0 debt, at the end you get the cash back from the card, the interest of the extra month of $ in the bank, special discounts by having automatic payments on some of them and be worry free that you don't owe anyone and have a higher credit score for buying stuff w/ a CC and paying on time w/out actually lifting a finger.:cool:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
+1 for automatic payments... I have a seperate checking account dedicated to this, I have a portion of my paycheck direct deposit go right in there and auto bills are payed directly... i hate paying monthly bills so i have about 95% of my bills set up for auto-pay. Best invention ever!! you just set it and forget it

ron1.jpg

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I trust no one. I pay my bills online but authorize each one myself. Who knows what numb nuts does the programming for these places. One month I'll get billed twice, and it will take them 4-6 billing cycles to fix it, and only after I spend 2-3 hours a day for 3 weeks on the phone with them.

All bills go out on the 1st of the month. It's a pretty simple method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.