At&t Credit Authorization

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kyliec89, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Kyliec89 macrumors member

So today I called att to see if I would get approved for a plan on my own. I am 20 and have little credit and have always been on someone else's family plan. He ran it through and said I was approved with $0.00 deposit. Yay! But, when I try to go through the process on Apples website and click "Check Eligibility" it says it cannot complete this online and that I need to go into the store. This makes me worried.... Does this mean its thinking I am not approved?

When I try to go through the process on At&t's website, the page near the end says if I require a deposit that I will have to go in store to complete it, but it lets me past the next page and says I can click to complete it. Does this mean im ok? I just don't want to find out on the 24th that I am not eligible to even have the contract :( Any experience with this?

2. Odid macrumors regular

You're not eligible for anything because you don't have a contract with at&t. That page is only to check eligibility for existing customers.

You need to go to an at&t store and sign up for a new contract when you buy the iPhone(maybe they can do it at the Apple store? IDK)

I could be wrong. Probably am...

But if you're a new customer, you'll get the discounted $199, $299 prices.

3. Kyliec89 thread starter macrumors member

Uh I am not talking about eligibility for upgrade, im talking about being eligible to hold a contract with att without a deposit, which is based on credit.