AT&T credit check/changing billing info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltldrummerboy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I have a question for you iPhone owners. Do you have to go through another credit check if you change the billing information (i.e., new credit card) on your account? Also, can you change info (again, new credit card) online or do you have to call or visit a store?

2. JuneBugg macrumors member

yes you do, I was in the middle of doing that a couple of hours ago but the office was closed; they "call it a transfer of service".

3. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Thanks for the info. Looks like I won't be getting out of the deposit for customers with no credit history.

4. JuneBugg macrumors member

you have to pay a deposit?! awww, that sucks!! ....I find that strange at the same time because I have a friend who got a line in her own name and she had no credit history at all...and she didn't have to pay a deposit!

5. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Their deposit requirements seem very random to me. I tried purchasing a 32GB 3GS last week but they turned me down since I don't have enough credit. Unless of course I pay the outrageous deposit.

6. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Just tried it again with the same credit card and it worked. I can't believe I'm finally getting an iPhone.

Moral of the story: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

7. ltldrummerboy thread starter macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Real moral of the story: Wait another week and have AT&T again tell you they don't want you as a customer. No credit is bad credit.