AT&T customer service is AWESOME. (i.e. inept)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goodcow, Oct 25, 2008.

1. goodcow macrumors 6502a

My bill cycle ends on the 13th.

My 9/13 bill said:
    CREDIT BALANCE $-205.87
    TOTAL CURRENT CHARGES $72.04
    BALANCE -133.83

Which was ... completely wrong. That included a $25 credit for 3G data problems... the rest was mysterious to me. I eventually got a letter in the mail from AT&T, saying that they had misapplied $180.87 in payments to my account that was supposed to go to another account.

So then $-133.83 minus the $180.87 credit was $47.07 due. Which I paid.

I currently see:
    Total Amount Due $0.00

So what's the problem? It's 10/25, my bill cycle ends on the 13th, and I don't have a 10/13 bill.

The AT&T rep who has me on hold now, says that he sees I have a $-133.83 credit and can see my 10/13 bill. He can't explain why I can't see a 10/13 bill under my online account. He then said he was going to send another hard copy of my 10/13 bill (even though I didn't get a first hard copy) and then he ran into difficulties and now I'm on hold.

Oh AT&T, I <3 you so much!

I don't believe my 10/13 bill exists at all, and my account is probably completely f'ed up, but knowing AT&T so far for just three short months, I bet they'd end up sending me some huge $500 bill down the line with "late fees" if I tried to ignore this.

2. goodcow thread starter macrumors 6502a

So after an HOUR on the phone with them... they connected me to billing.

Billing saw my October statement, due Nov. 8th for $75.01. Verified I couldn't see it under my online account and that a paper bill wasn't mailed out.

This was contrary to what the other rep said, where I had a $133 credit. So had I not been adamant and pushed him for 30 min, I would've been hit with late fees.

So my bill was $75.01... I got a $25 credit, so she said my new balance, which was invisible online, was $50.01 (even though since the credit should lower the tax as well, it should've been less)

So I just paid the $50.01 due Nov. 8th and now my account says:

Last Payment Received $50.01
    Credit Balance ($75.01)

When the balance should be zero.

What the **** is wrong with this company?

I'm supposed to get a call back later once my online account is "fixed."

3. daisuke07 macrumors regular

I am having the same problem as you. There is a $40 activation fee when you buy a phone from AT&T but the lady said we would only have to pay like $25 (or something like that) if we donated to a charity and that they would take it off our bill. But instead they never did for weeks and when I checked my bill on my iPhone it said it was $160 when it should have only been $120. My mom looked at her bill statement online and it showed that she still paid $160. So now we have to go and dispute the bill at AT&T and they had better give us something in return :p

Bad customer service from AT&T.