AT&T Customer Service rant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jukoer3426, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jukoer3426 macrumors member

Is it just or is AT&T customer service rude? I mean not completely there are a few nice ones but most of the time they are just plain rude and want to get rid of you right away. This is not the CS I remembered when I joined AT&T way back in early 2000.

2. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Sometimes its hit and miss with them. If you have a CS rep and you have a bad vibe with them. Hang up and callback and get a nice one.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It's hard to judge their attitude without more details. Some times customer service reps are responding to the customer's attitude.

What exactly happened?

4. Jukoer3426 thread starter macrumors member

lol, that's what I usualy do. I typically rate them too on a survey.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

The last time I called or visited an AT&T store was last year and the CSR was very nice and friendly. I have actually yet to encounter one who was rude but then again, I'm always polite when I call or go to the store. :)

6. Jukoer3426 thread starter macrumors member

That's true too. Well to give one example..

Called a while ago with a slight descrepency on my bill (charged twice, ended up being a glich in the system which is what I figured it was). I was nice and explained to him the issue, got my name, put on hold...got my last four of my SS#, put on hold...got my address, put on hold..took about 5-10 minutes just to get my info. I honestly don't mind, I'm typically patient. Right off the bat he started accusing me that it was my fault. I calmly explained to him that nothing had changed, and paid my bill like normal. Well he gave me the run around from different department to department. To make it short, eventually ended up with him again and let out a sigh (indicated that he was tired of me)..and he stated to get cross with me again saying that it was my fault..asked nicely to speak with his manager..hung up on me...i did get his name..called again, got someone different, explained all over again and mentioned his name...and...done in 5 minutes lol glich in the system...

so yeah it is a hit or miss. what bothers me the most is when they try to brush you off so fast when you just got on the bloody phone with them with the infamous "Is there anything I can help you with?"

7. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Sometimes there comes a point in the call when you have to ask for a supervisor.

8. Jukoer3426 thread starter macrumors member

Oh our local store is amazing, extremely polite even opens the door out for me. But yes AT&T CS over the phone and chat can be hit or miss. Perhaps I am plagued with that lol.

----------

Yes, not often it happens to me but it does sometimes.