AT&T customer service sucks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by red41, Jul 1, 2008.

1. red41 macrumors regular

So I call today to inquire about setting up an account for 3 new iphones, they tell me the rate plans haven't come out yet and she can't answer my questions and that I need to wait until July 11th. I inform her that they have in fact come out, she replied "they have? please hold". Then she hung up on me. I'm starting to remember why I ditched them in the first place.

All I want to know is do I have to get the business data plan to access microsoft exchange?

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I don't think so.

Microsoft Exchange is built into the operating system.

Well, at the very least I can tell you that in the betas, you can use Microsoft Exchange without a business data plan...

(what in the world is the business data plan for then???)

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

haha, nice to hear that they haven't changed a bit, about the only way i have been able to get anything done with ATT has been to use my corporate account rep to push things through, regular CSR support is horrible

4. red41 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. Believe it or not, my local Apple Store had no clue either.

5. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Your first mistake was calling on the day that corporate released the info, in the perfect world all the CSR's would have been briefed prior to it. I've never had a problem with calling the CSR but you could always go to the forums and do a live chat with a CSR that might be able to answer the questions you have.