AT&T Customer Service - Wow You Guys Really Screwed Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seraphx17, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

I ordered a phone through a line that was upgrade eligible for another line. They said that when I get the phone I call AT&T and get the SIM card ready to be activated for the other line.

I called them up and gave them the "IMEI" number. They said that that iPhone 4 was now associated with my other line. However, when I plugged it into iTunes, it still said the original line. The customer service rep insisted that when it was activated it would activate on the correct line.

Sure enough, it didn't. It activated on the original line - now I am stuck without an iPhone 4 - I don't have an AT&T store where I live so I can't just get a replacement SIM card. The original lines phone is now deactivated and activated with MY iPhone 4. I now have to wait for them to ship out a SIM card which will take another WEEK.

Because of AT&T I am now left without a phone, my iPhone 4 is now activated on another line, and thus have to wait a week to get it fixed.

Thank you AT&T for screwing up again, further proving you to be the worst wireless carrier I have ever been a customer of.:mad:

2. Seraphx17 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I guess no one else shares my utter hatred for AT&T?

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the same can be said about Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and...um... Oh, ran out of providers.

4. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yeah they effed up. Number would show in iTunes had it been switched correctly. Live and learn my friend ---and by that, I mean don't listen to AT&T reps (98% percent of the time, at least).

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

This basically happened to me, too. They're idiots. Just the way it is.

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

Funny!
    Sorry no one bit this time OP. You'll be ok, OR you can always switch providers.