AT&T Dataplan & Overage Fees

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrittQ, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BrittQ macrumors regular

I'm told that the overage fee is $15/GB of data used.
    The cost of the data plans are
    1GB is $25
    2GB is $40
    4GB is $70
    6GB is $80

Am I missing something or does it make sense to go with 1GB of data and just pay the overage fees if/as they occur. (Assuming you dont plan on going over 4GB and are choosing a plan between 1-4GB.) Since the $15 overage fee per GB is the same cost as an additional GB up to 4GB plan, and if you have a month with low data usage you aren't automatically paying for more than you used.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Yup, better to go with 1GB if you don't think you'll be using it regularly. That said, for those with corporate discounts, they get a bigger discount by getting the 2GB plan outright rather than incurring the overage.

3. bniu macrumors 6502a

The 1GB plan overage is $20/500MB

The 2GB plan, yes, the overage would be basically equal to 4GB. Only advantage of buying 4GB is if you have a FAN discount, then you get the discount on the $70. If you had the 2GB plan and went over by 2GB, you'd only get the discount on the $40.

4. BrittQ thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, you just reminded me I have a corporate discount I can use.

Ok, the rep told me $15/GB no matter what plan... hard to trust these people.
    It looks like starting with a 2GB plan it is $15/GB. So If you are debating between 2 or 4GB plan, it would make sense to go with 2GB and pay any overage fees.