Carrier AT&T Deals and Credits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UMJonny, Sep 20, 2017.

1. UMJonny macrumors newbie

UMJonny

I am an AT&T customer and I'm currently on an iPhone 7 Plus. When i got this phone, i traded in my paid off iPhone 6 for $650 in credits over 30 months. No brainer in my opinion.

I will soon be porting over my work number to my personal plan. That mean's a new activation.

I see that AT&T has a BOGO that requires a DirecTV subscription. Not gonna happen.

Does anyone know of any other deals or anticipate them releasing other deals once the phones are actually on the streets? I would jump on the BOGO if it didn't require the DirecTV.

Thanks.

2. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

They told me you can pay $30 and give them your old phone. Then you just keep making monthly device payment till the next cool comes out.

3. cleebrown93 macrumors regular

It really is a shame. I was going to take advantage of the BOGO deal and add a line to my account but nope, not doing DirectTV. AT&T has been pushing DirectTV since they bought them. It is a little annoying.

4. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

They are stuck on the DirecTV crap. There is nothing else they're offering for the BOGO deals that's not tied to DirecTV. Maybe if they get pressure from the other carriers. I signed up for Verizon service today because AT&T is now more expensive and service has really gone down. I've been having quite a few dropped calls.

5. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

I had Directv long before AT&T bought them. My gripe, if I get an iPhone, is having to get another line. If an iPad counts, I can add my iPad 2.

6. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

I totally agree with you. I was even thinking of switching to Verizon.

7. UMJonny thread starter macrumors newbie

UMJonny

8. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I’m getting a $200 credit as university faculty when I upgrade. Believe it also applies to staff and students(?) but can’t remember. I have to go to an ATT store and show my ID.

9. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Hmm, how? I have an edu discount and a $200 credit would be great. I could turn in my old 7 Plus + $200 Credit = an extra phone for little to nothing.

10. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

It came up under messages when I was logged in, both on the website and on the app. Call them if you don't see it. But I think it's only for an upgrade (I'm on ATT Next.)

11. alent1234 macrumors 603

best buy, target and costco might be doing gift card deals. costco's cell phone special circular expires today and a new one comes out tomorrow

maybe BF there will be a BOGO deal from AT&T or best buy

12. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

I just called ATT because we have the edu discount and the rep told me that they do have this $200 bill credit promo but is not for upgrades, you have to open a new line, port a number and purchase a smartphone on the Next program, then the $200 credit would apply in the next 2-3 billing cycles :(

13. UMJonny thread starter macrumors newbie

UMJonny

Give it a week or two. I bet something better will come up.