AT&T did not charge me for iPhone GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by howard500, Jun 20, 2009.

1. howard500 macrumors newbie

I placed my order on the 10th, the next day my credit card 'available balance' went down by the correct amount but no actual charge took place, on the 18th the 'available balance' went back up, on the 19th I got my iphone delivered to my home, I activated it, it all works great. As of today, my credit card has not been charged.... :D

Any body with a similar problem?? Ideas? Suggestions? :)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Thanks to your OP, you're now on the hook to notify them to charge your CC (if the other thread with the duplicate iPhone order is any indication) :rolleyes:

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Just know they can charge your card, and don't be surprised when they do.

4. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Hmm, interesting situation, seems to have become a seemingly common occurrence.

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Same thing on my debit card.. they will charge you.. trust me, it's just delayed I'm sure with the many thousands of people that pre-ordered.

6. RjaylinS06 macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. I know they will charge me eventually but how are they shipping out phones that haven't even been paid for yet. Doesn't make sense. Especially the iPhone. I paid with debit. Confused. I hate having money just sitting in my account that I can't spend

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Some places will do this to see if there is room on the credit card. I have this happen a lot with big purchases. When I got my Macbook they did this to my credit card and what got me was I was going to just pay it off the next day over the phone, but I couldn't. It took about a week for it to show up and when it did I just paid it off then.

8. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

I guess the OP has never heard of internal auditors right. :rolleyes:

9. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

They are gonna charge you eventually and surprise if you used a debit since they sent that preauth through it may just go through and blow your bank account up. Don't spend that money bc AT&T wants it! :eek: