AT&T Direct Fulfillment Charging Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shamash, Jul 22, 2008.

1. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

Heya.. so I ordered 7/18 via Direct Fulfillment for my 8gb black 3g. After charging the $199 there is $11 left on my credit card, but I heard instead of just processing that hold, they let the hold expire and make a new charge. Will I not get my phone since there isn't enough money for them to make a new charge? Or will it just go over the hold..

Thanks.

2. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

the hold is just the authorization that AT&T did to make sure your card had enough for the charge. When the phone ships, then they process the charge. You fine.

3. shamash thread starter macrumors 6502a

shamash

But everyone keeps saying that they don't just process they charge, they end up with two charges for how much their phone cost.

4. dawg521 macrumors member

My hold just got taken off last night or this morning without another one being put on on top of it. I'll update later when I get a bank update (nothing else as of 12:40 PM).

5. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

no - that's not what they mean. The authorization will only last a certain number of days and then is released by your credit card company. When it is released, AT&T will run another authorization to hold the funds for your phone so that when it is ready to ship they can charge the card.