AT&T Direct Fulfillment - Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hecklerdanny, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here in hopes that my iPhone is finally going to ship soon, but here's my "story"...

I ordered an 8GB iPhone at my local AT&T store using Direct Fulfillment this past Saturday (feels like a mistake now) but anyway...

Right after I ordered it I noticed that the amount had been charged to my credit card, stayed off of there for about 2 days, and then showed back up...After waiting all this week with no status change or anything, as of about 15 minutes ago the money is back off of my card showing as an AT&T Direct fulfillment pre-authorization. I'm hoping this means the thing is about to ship...I'm afraid that it means they're just periodically checking my account to make sure they can take my money if and when the thing ever DOES ship...

Anyone have any experience with this thing in regards to your direct fulfillment?

Thanks in advance.

2. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

The pre-authorization only last for a few days and expires. AT&T will then submit another pre-authorization, and will continue to until they shipped your phone and process the charge.

Hope that helps.

3. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Yeah, they keep checking to make sure that the money is there. Cause if it is not, then it is one less iphone shipment they have to fill right now.

4. Hecklerdanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I was hoping it meant it shipped. Oh well.