AT&T does not issue refund for prorated bill after switching to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derek87, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

maybe this is old news, but i was surprised to find out that i will not be refunded for the half month+ of service i paid AT&T (on my postpaid account) after i ported my number over to Verizon at the iPhone 6 launch.

in short, my last AT&T bill "pre-billed me" for Sept 3- Oct 2nd. i contacted AT&T today and i was told that

"Even if you cancel a day after the billing cycle starts that will still be counted as one month full service"

was i the only one unaware of this? i had asked friends who previously (not sure how long ago) always received a refund.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

It's mentioned in a number of older threads around here and articles that I found about porting elsewhere on the web, so I don't think it's *too* recent. I think it's also mentioned on somewhere on AT&T's site that I saw, and they were careful to make sure I knew about it when I called to confirm my ETF just before I ported to T-Mobile with a few days left on my billing cycle.

Still, it's irritating as hell to have to pay for a service that you didn't even use. Sorry you didn't find out soon enough to schedule around it!

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This was known. Unfortunately.

4. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, i guess i was just out of the loop having stuck with AT&T for several years up until recently.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

When I ported out of Sprint, they charged the full month.

When I ported out of Verizon, they charged the full month.

AT&T as we already know, yup.

Not sure about T-Mobile, I haven't ported out from them yet.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The carriers like to tell us all the things we want to hear, and then bury the rest of the stuff 7/8 of the way down the page of legal sized paper in 6 pt. type. Yes, I should read it some time. :)

8. CEmajr macrumors 601