at&t email bashing verizon network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saccento, Feb 1, 2011.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

..okay not really a big deal but I got an email from AT&T with the subject, "Feel free to make a call while reading this email."

at the bottom it has a huge coupon... 25% off an accessory at the att store! lol

2. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Fixed. ;)

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon countered with, "Feel free to actually make a call."

Edit: beat me to it. Great minds think alike!

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

If you get a signal go ahead and make the call. Oops Edge data, couldn't finish downloading that email, could ya.:D

5. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

6. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Indeed. :p

7. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

I got that email today too, after a letter in the mail yesterday saying basically the same thing: "We're the only ones that offer this!" I wonder how many customers got a letter like that in the mail and how much money that cost AT&T. Combine that with all the money they spend on other forms of "We're better than Verizon" advertisements, and I wonder how much they could have improved their network with that money.

Their insistence on denying problems, pointing fingers, bashing the other guy, and their treatment of customers (customer service and crazy charges) speaks volumes about AT&T in my opinion.

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I got that letter in the mail yesterday too, and also the e-mail today. They both went into their respective trash bins, as I have already left them as a customer a week ago. They're a little too late to try and hang on to me. Haha.

9. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

It's called marketing, everyone does it, and it works because they make more money off the new customers they sign up because of the ads then the ads cost. If it didn't work then they wouldn't do it. Same reason you get junk mail and spam, because, believe it or not, it actually affects people's decisions (and some people do buy things from spam, though for the life of me I can't figure out why).

Personally I think it's a pretty clever little marketing ad that also contains something that will be useful for a large number of people (a coupon).

10. Interstella5555, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Exactly. I'm not leaving AT&T, nor do I use accessories, but that feature actually is useful to a lot of people, and everyone appreciates discounts. Also, if the OP doesn't think Verizon is doing the exact same thing they're crazy.

11. shelbymayer macrumors regular

Haha I wouldn't exactly call that "bashing" verizon. They are just advertising a feature that verizon doesn't have at the present moment. And for the record, I always have 4-5 bars of 3G on AT&T and can count the # of dropped calls i've experienced on one hand! So for me there is absolutely no reason to switch!

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Marketing, plain and simple. My wife needs a new case for her iPhone so the coupon will come in handy.

13. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

That's more of a dig than a bash.

But didn't notice the coupon. Thanks :)