AT&T Employee did not recommend any invisible shields..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Khryz, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

So today I bought my iPhone 3G 16GB and of course he asked if I wanted any covers. I told him I already ordered the front and back invisible shields from Bestskinsever and he told me not to use them because on the screen the adhesive will leave marks and you won't be able to get them off.

I already put it on my iPod touch with no problems and it looks and feels great so I wanted to use it for the iPhone too. Of course I don't see this holding very much merit seeing as how so many people from here love their invisible shields on their phones and ipods .. so is this really a bad idea?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The AT&T guy is an idiot, don't listen to them. I've used these on laptops and phones (iPhones and others) and have NEVER seen a residue. Protect away!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah, the 3G needs them bad, my 1st Generation Screen had no Scratches, the 3G is another story. Shocked why the AT&T Representative would advice you against buying something.

4. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I already bought it I was just curious if I should not put it on. I figured what he was saying was wrong anyway.

5. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

he probably told you that so you would buy a case from him:)

6. larapumkin macrumors regular

I think that AT&T guy is sort of right. dont use best skin ever on your lcd.
    use power support or steinheil

7. sourlemons98 macrumors newbie

they probably want you to buy one of their store cases....

8. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why not? What's wrong with the bestskinsever type screen as opposed to the ones you recommended?

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

i have already put on and taken off the BSE on my 3G without issue.

10. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

11. Heimlich macrumors member

12. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Yeah, my spelling is off today... I meant Invisible Shield.

Which is better body Guardz or invisible shield?

13. larapumkin macrumors regular

Screen Protectors from Power Support or SGP (steinheil) are thin non-sticky types. well it's sort of sticky but it's not like sticker or scotch tape sticky.
    I think invisible shield and body guardz are good on the back bu not for the fron because they cause orange peel effect which would disturb the view of the screen.
    and for the shield i'd go for invisible shield,bodyguardz, or sgp shield rather than best skin ever.
    just my personal opinion.

14. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

I have had the Zagg Invisible Shield on my 2.5G iPhone since the first day the iPhone was out was out and it is great. I have only dropped it once so i cant speak for that but a girl scratched the protecter with her nail and left purple polish on it i just used the spray that came with it for application and some watered down nail polish remover (full strength will leave marks) and it came off and the phone is still perfect :D

15. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the difference between the invisible shield and the bestskinesever? I was under the impression they were exactly the same just that the I.S. came with extra accessories for applying the protectors. I'm really confused here.

16. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

pretty much. IS was here first and the "orange peel" in not bad if you do it right. just smooth it out allot and u only notice it with movies but just a little from the side

17. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't mind what it looks like with the shield on .. I was primarily concerned with any damage or problems that the common shields people use can leave to the screen.

18. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

Well i have never taken mine off and i dont plan too

19. larapumkin macrumors regular

BSE seems more sticky like it is sticker type of the skin. IS, BG, SGP does not have sticky glue on the side it's just character of its material so it doesn't leave those sticker sticky marks. i've used IS and BG , and now im with sgp.
    overall they all just same only that sgp comes with steinheil lcd which is like power support crystal clear. just being with it since sgp is the last one i purchased.
    but in my own taste, if i didn got sgp, i'd get power support for the front anyway because orange peel quite is disturbing for me. i don't wanna see wavy screen with my adorable iphone.

20. reliantj macrumors 6502

AT&T employees are f-uktards.

i had my iphone for all but 5 days and tried to get it replaced because it wasn't sending and receiving text from anyone else on my family plan, which is a really retarded defect. it's such a small and almost bearable defect but it's also really annoying if i have to contact my bro's and parents.
    but they were giving us **** saying 'We can't do that, you have to go to an apple store.'
    then they went with, 'okay we can do it, you have to pay $20 restocking fee.'

long story short, i called 1800-my-iphone and the apple guy said, 'don't ever go to AT&T again, they're just trying to take your money. let's set you up for a Genius Bar appointment.'

ah thank god for decent people.