AT&T Family Plan, removing one line and adding another

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slip Jigs, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I know they treat each line separately but I would still like to just have the person who wants the new line take over the account of the other. It basically amounts to changing the number, "upgrading" the phone and a new contract.

I'm not bothered about the early termination fee that would be incurred by canceling the one line, but that one still has the original unlimited data plan that would be nice to keep intact.

Is there any way around this? Family member One needs to keep her phone number, member Two is OK with a new number. The only thing I can think of is just to have member Two just take over the account then request a number change - but then how could member One get the number back without porting it over?

2. Raegor macrumors member

I don't understand what you're trying to do...

3. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right now there's me plus one family member. This persons wants to switch Tom
    Verizon and keep her number.

I want to add a second family member with a new number and phone but still keep the plan from the first person's line that has unlimited data at $30 a month and possibly avoid early termination fees.

Adding a new line would cost $38 for 3 GB data (discounted from $50) .

4. Raegor macrumors member

Still missing some details.

You have 2 lines on a family ATT plan with YOU as the primary?

The wife/gf/whatever wants to move to Verizon with her number ported?

New person wants the unlimited ATT 2ndline on YOUR account?

Is that correct?

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

U cannot do that. I had to read the post 3 times to figure it out.

The issue is the person u want to port out wants to keep their number.

That isn't going to work if u want to keep the unlimited data plan on that line and still let that person port to Verizon.